Lost In The Desert

Back in the 80s we purchased a large TEC German touring caravan,I pulled it with a Volvo DL 240 a very robust car,we did a bit of touring in England,we visited lots of places.Anyway one year I decided we would tour in Spain so I set it all up,the ferry to Calais,insurance ect.,booked 3 wks hols and off we went.Wedid 2 nights in France then crossed the border into Spain,stopping at a place called Rosas,after there we drove to Colonge on the Costa Brava staying at a fantastic campsite called Camping Cala Gogo situated in a pine forest on terraces cut out of the hillside leading down onto a private beach.You went under a roadbridge archway resembling the 5 arches to reach it.After a while we made friends with a family from Dover and we soon stocked up with beer and had the barby going.The son in law of the family was a hippy type,what he could do with a barbecue was miraculous,he did mussles in wine,fish,goats meat kebabs,pork,steak,burgers all with garlic and spices,I was in heaven!.People walking past were salivating,we invited one and all and soon had a crowd every night eating and drinking till the early hours.In my previous thread I mentioned my wifes sleep walking,one nght she,d had a sherbut too many and retired early,gone midnight my oldest girl and I entered the caravan,my brides bed was empty,panic stations,we started searching for her,the site was enormous we were looking everwhere,no sighn,after 45mins I heard her calling me.Just down from our van was a volleyball and table tennis area with a sand floor,round the edges were palm trees,there she was still sleepwalking,I got hold of her she looked at me and said[Thank God you,ve found me Ive been lost in the desert]she was still asleep.Its a wonder I was,nt a nervous wreck!:roll::hihi::hihi::D

Archived