The Return Of the Original Limit

The original owner of The Limit on West Street is to reopen the club in the old AUEW building,

http://www.thestar.co.uk/community/the-diary/return_of_the_limit_1_3394120

“I was in Bangkok a couple of years ago and someone heard me speaking,” says Kevan, who is currently running the Priory Lodge Hotel in Nether Edge. “They said, ‘Yorkshire lad, aren’t you?’ And I said ‘Aye, Sheffield’, and the first thing he said to me was: ‘Sheffield? Did you ever go to The Limit?’ You can’t buy that kind of reputation, and I just got thinking we should build on that again.

“I’d like to see some of the old faces down there. There’s nowhere to go for people in the city centre who perhaps are in their 30s or 40s but young of heart – but equally we want to attract a younger crowd too.

what do you all think ?

lets hope we dont get ripped off like last time and stick to the music they saying.was on the guest list last time round just to be treated to a 15 minute set of good stuff and loads of crappy dance music!

the original limit was all about the atmosphere and music created by being in a smallish room,not sure this will be recreated by a large venue with 2 floors but only time will tell....

The original owner of The Limit on West Street is to reopen the club in the old AUEW building,

http://www.thestar.co.uk/community/the-diary/return_of_the_limit_1_3394120

“I was in Bangkok a couple of years ago and someone heard me speaking,” says Kevan, who is currently running the Priory Lodge Hotel in Nether Edge. “They said, ‘Yorkshire lad, aren’t you?’ And I said ‘Aye, Sheffield’, and the first thing he said to me was: ‘Sheffield? Did you ever go to The Limit?’ You can’t buy that kind of reputation, and I just got thinking we should build on that again.

“I’d like to see some of the old faces down there. There’s nowhere to go for people in the city centre who perhaps are in their 30s or 40s but young of heart – but equally we want to attract a younger crowd too.

what do you all think ?

Good Luck Kevan !! Your'e goin to need it :headbang:

I cannot see many 30 somethings there - given the original limit shut about 20 years ago!

There may well be a market for a retro club aimed at more mature folk - the casbah did well a few year ago aiming at that very market - but that was basically a late night bar, and the Washington does a roaring trade with the older alternative crowd - but thats a pub...

So i'm not sure how well a regular club would do, especially given older folk tend to go out less than 18-24 year olds...

Archived