What are you cursed with?

A memory that holds on to the most meaningless and pointless things (as well as the important ones) for aeons!

I can remember phone numbers from 30 years ago, people's car registrations from their car before the one before last, song lyrics from songs that I really should be too young to remember, dates for anniversaries that nobody is bothered about (really trivial things) and the like.

I regularly have comments from the rest of the admin team about wanting a brain like mine, when something is reported and it's a bit vague but links to someone else who did something similar 2 years ago and I remember who it was and how it was sorted.

I can remember phone numbers from 30 years ago (...) dates for anniversaries that nobody is bothered about (really trivial things)

I'd pay real good money for that ability - do you run classes? You have to accept slightly battered students though as I forget her anniversary again....

I'd pay real good money for that ability - do you run classes? You have to accept slightly battered students though as I forget her anniversary again....

Sorry, I have no idea how I remember things. I don't follow any of the strategies that are recommended or owt, they just go in and don't get lost in whatever void.

If you're bad with anniversaries I recommend setting up the calendar on your phone with all of your important birthdays and the like and setting up an alarm call 2 days before the day itself (to allow for time to purchase and post cards, presents etc).

Archived