Do exams prove intelligence

do good exam results prove intelligence or a good memory

It is the exam which measures the intelligence,and the results which signfy;most examiners do not claim to measure intelligence but test for evidence of learning.

Any form of communication should be unambiguous to avoid confusion and aid understanding.

I quite agree! For example, imagine the potential confusion and ambiguity if people stopped using questions marks.;)

What are you doing then if not setting a good example.

I quite agree! For example, imagine the potential confusion and ambiguity if people stopped using questions marks.;)

I was told the rhetorical questions should omit question marks for emphasis;none other Martin A Miss was my lecturer!

No, they denote someones ability to perform well in tests with "triangles, circles, boxes and diagrams that require continuing in logical sequence or any questions requiring logical reasoning."

jb

Those tests are given to establish a person's IQ.

The exams talked about on the thread do not determine a person's intelligence but classify the person's ability to focus on studying, digesting, undertsanding and memorizing a particular subject/s

'Nothing worth knowing can be taught' - Oscar Wilde.

And what a stupid quote that was!

Well spotted!!!!

The stupid people take the quote a face value;Wilde was refering to Irish education at the time.Experiential primary learning does trump the seconadary taught version in most cases

Archived