When you get older will you turn to god?

Ok, I will try and give you an answer.

I have witnessed people's personalities change for the better once they believe in a diety.

How you find it - research, read with an open mind and heart which I am finding hard to do so at present.

Someone I know started reading the bible, about Hinduism, and many other reilgions. After many years of studying religions he finally found a faith that they believe to be true.

I am sorry if this answer is not quite what you asked for. x

Yeah, it's still nothing to do with someone who has no outside influence to tell them about gods. I didn't ask how to find god or benefits to your personality.

I was just asking: If somebody had never heard of a god, how would they know they were supposed to seek one?

It doesn't matter though, let's leave it eh?

Yeah, it's still nothing to do with someone who has no outside influence to tell them about gods. I didn't ask how to find god or benefits to your personality.

I was just asking: If somebody had never heard of a god, how would they know they were supposed to seek one?

It doesn't matter though, let's leave it eh?

Hahaha. Ooopps..

Everyone has heard of a god though, even the tribes in amazon are worshipping some form of deity.

Can you honestly say to me that you have met someone that hasn't heard of god?

x

So you're saying people turn to god because they are afraid?

But religious people tell me it's all about love. :huh:

Believe me.When our lass is on the warpath,(i am very afraid)and i look up to god and pray for guidance,(or a quick exit)

Ok, I will try and give you an answer.

I have witnessed people's personalities change for the better once they believe in a diety.

I've also witnessed people change for the worse once they start believing in a deity. Likewise, I've also witnessed people's personalities change for the better after letting go of god belief and religion.

How you find it[god?] - research, read with an open mind and heart...

Despite all their research, how can they be sure they have actually found a god?

Someone I know started reading the bible, about Hinduism, and many other reilgions. After many years of studying religions he finally found a faith that they believe to be true.

So what you're really saying here is: the sophistry & rhetoric of the religion appealed to his/her self-serving needs; therefore the force and the Jedi Knights really exist. They found Yoda. :roll:

:D

Hahaha. Ooopps..

Everyone has heard of a god though, even the tribes in amazon are worshipping some form of deity.

Can you honestly say to me that you have met someone that hasn't heard of god?

x

It was a hypothetical question. There will be someone somewhere in the world who hasn't heard of gods. The way WE know about gods is because of word of mouth from human to human, or books, written by humans. No divine communication as far as I know.

An example just for you, a slave, born and raised in a dungeon, no contact with the outside world. Yes it does happen.

I've also witnessed people change for the worse once they start believing in a deity. Likewise, I've also witnessed people's personalities change for the better after letting go of god belief and religion.

Recently a teenage lad I know, who already had issues (some would say a misguided soul) has found religion, somewhere in Tinsley, a church around there I think. He got into it through his friend, who comes from a strict christian family.

I have seen him deliberately instigate conversations about creation and evolution, flying into a rage and hurling insults at anyone who doesn't share his beliefs. He is definitely worse now than he was before.

I only know one person that has tried to impose their beliefs onto me. I told them several times I will never convert, but asked me if I would like a copy of the Bible to which I agreed. I am now reading it, and it has come to some use. Anyone want it after I am done ;)

Of course people can become quite extreme in voicing their religion. I see them as being passionate, but if they start hurling abuse... They are clearing not practising their faith correctly.

I only know one person that has tried to impose their beliefs onto me. I told them several times I will never convert, but asked me if I would like a copy of the Bible to which I agreed. I am now reading it, and it has come to some use. Anyone want it after I am done ;)

This statement kinda contradicts itself.

Why does it? I am not a Christian?

x

From what I've read in this thread yes. But you just said that you've only ever met one person who tried to impose their beliefs on you, to which you replied you would never convert, they gave you a bible which you are now reading and you are a Christian, is that correct?

Sorry I don't usually get involved in the religious threads on here, they get fairly prickly!

Added: Sorry, not sure if you are a Christian or not now, I have just re-read from the start.

Archived