Sunday 22nd May - any ideas for a day out?

S10Tabby

Good day guys...

Me & my partner have a day off on Sunday 22nd together and want to know whats going on around Sheffield and the surrounding areas.

Any events out in the peaks? Car boot sales and markets that are worth visiting? Any beer/food/music festivals? Me & my lad don't know where to start looking; being new to Sheffield and never having time off. We're based in S10 but have a car so anywhere is an option!

Thank you for your help, anything fun welcome. :D

At Bramall lane, 10.30 am Kick off, the Karl Darby charity fundraiser match. Classic Blades VS Fans XI

then from 12.00pm there's a family fun day at the Lane

lades legends to return for Karl

A host of former Sheffield United legen <<Karl Darby1.jpg>> ds are set to pull back on the famous red and white stripes in aid of charity.

Bob Booker, Craig Short, Georges Santos, Paul Beesley, Carl Bradshaw, Paul Shaw, Peter Duffield, Jeff Eckhardt, Tony Agana, Chris Short, Adrian Littlejohn, Mark Todd and Tony Philliskirk are amongst other ex-Blades who have all agreed to become the first players to join the club's new Legends team.

United are set to take on an All-Star team from BBC Radio Sheffield on Sunday 22 May in aid of Blades supporter Karl Darby.

Karl, 44, suffers from Myoclonic Epilepsy and is confined to a wheelchair. For the past decade he has lived in the Leonard Cheshire home on Mickley Lane, Totley, as he cannot stay with his parents because of steep stairs on the approach to their house.

Classic Lifts, Sheffield United lifts supplier, have kindly offered to provide a stair lift to Karl to enable him to move back home with his parents. However funds are needed to complete the required building work around the property before a lift can be fitted.

Dave McCarthy, head of operations at Sheffield United, said: "Because of the steepness of the approach to the house it is not possible to have a ramp, so a lift is needed to be built at the family home before Karl can return to live with his parents.

"Karl is a die hard "Blade" who attends every United home match, as well as many away matches with his Dad Roy. Sheffield United would like to be able to raise enough money to assist with the building part of the project and help Karl reach his ambition to move back home.

"We felt a Legends team would provide an opportunity to play in selected charity games and have chosen Karl as the first beneficiary for the inaugural game. We hope as many of our fans can get to the match and offer

Andrew Emsley of Classic Lifts added: "I think this is a great cause and we

are delighted to offer our support. It's fantastic to see Sheffield United

have taken on the campaign and help raise awareness.

"I have a number of business contacts locally and in particular within the

construction industry, but we hope more companies will get in touch to offer

their assistance. I feel we could achieve a Challenge Aneka type event where

local suppliers contribute to the development and coupled with the funds

raised from the legends game, hopefully we can have Karl back home in no

time."

Archived