Bet No-one Remembers This

Behind Wicks DIY on the opposite side of the dual carriage way, there is a power station and just a little further down ( going in direction of Charter Square ) there is a stationary

suppliers.........in the early 60's there use to be a brick wall where there is a space now

and built into the wall was a cage with thick iron bars on it.

In the cage was a parrot who use to talk to people passing - as a child I use to stand and watch it talk.

Can anyone remember this and does anyone know the reason it was there and who it belonged to ?

Behind Wicks DIY on the opposite side of the dual carriage way, there is a power station and just a little further down ( going in direction of Charter Square ) there is a stationary

suppliers.........in the early 60's there use to be a brick wall where there is a space now

In the cage was a parrot who use to talk to people passing - as a child I use to stand and watch it talk.

Can anyone remember this and does anyone know the reason it was there and who it belonged to ?

Long John Silver?

Mr Cadbury ?

No But you are right I believe no-one will have had the same vision as you.Were you using LSD when making this trip?

This posting is 100% genuine - not a fabricated story......there was a parrot in a cage built into a wall, being young at the time I cannot remember if there was an house at the side of the cage or a business type building.

There must be someone who lived around that area during the 1960's who can confirm what I'm saying is true ?

Pinders, maybe.?

No But you are right I believe no-one will have had the same vision as you.Were you using LSD when making this trip?
my brother as just told me that he also remembers this , i cant understand why you are just taking the pi** out of this cos its true it was in the late 1950s/early 1960s we dont know who it belonged to . so the bloke that put this posting on here certainly aint crackers :hihi:

Archived