Best scooter to buy

car now getting on a bit,t.t and ins crazy money,petrol mad, which is best scooter to buy.already got motorbike so licence etc no prob,reliability, parts info much appriciated.:)

I don't know, but I overtook one on my pushbike the other day...

Didn't catch the make.:D

How long is a piece of string? Depends how much you want to spend and what you want it for. A lot of twaddle is talked about Chinese bikes. No, they are not built to Japanese/European standards but you get what you pay for. If you are looking for something to get you to work and back they are worth serious consideration. Given the 'dubious' nature of the build quality, if you buy one buy it from a dealer who will still be around in 12 months time (just in case!!).

How long is a piece of string? Depends how much you want to spend and what you want it for. A lot of twaddle is talked about Chinese bikes. No, they are not built to Japanese/European standards but you get what you pay for. If you are looking for something to get you to work and back they are worth serious consideration. Given the 'dubious' nature of the build quality, if you buy one buy it from a dealer who will still be around in 12 months time (just in case!!).

I have had one for 2 years now, and apart from normal servicing, the only parts that have been changed are ones that I chose to upgrade (LED spotlights etc)

I have had one for 2 years now, and apart from normal servicing, the only parts that have been changed are ones that I chose to upgrade (LED spotlights etc)

Part of the problem, I've heard of them blowing six engines in six months and I know people who've got nothing but praise for them having had several years of trouble free motoring. Hence my choice of the word 'dubious'

How about a quad - they are a more ideal middle ground and a 4 stroke isnt a bad daily smoker to be honest....... Plus they are practical in winter as they arent death traps when things get a bit wet. (well not total death traps, I do have a broken arm from falling off one so there is still a certain death factor involved lol!)

Archived