Minimum wage workers must pay more tax! Housing benefit doesn't pay itself

Unemployed people in London, asylum seekers, the disabled etc.

They need their weekly housing benefit paying promptly so the LANDLORDS can earn an 'honest & legal' living.

It's been capped at £400 a week.

So a working person in London earning only £200 a week NET, only needs about £300 housing benefit a week to get by.

It's only £20000+ a year worth of benefit.

Lets forget the fact you'd need an above average income before tax of £27000 to be able to afford such housing payments yourself, and thats leaving you with nothing for travel, food etc.

I see only one solution, we must tax minimum wage workers even more in order to pay for the housing benefit of those unfortunate enough to reside in London where they are priced out of shelter.

Minimum wage workers should pay 74% TAX!

We must reduce the deficit!

Is this supposed to be an attempt at humour? Because if it is you have faiiled dismally. If you want to reduce the burden of Asylum seekers start fighting for the right for them to work. Not that you ever will because that would meean you couldn't target them as scroungers etc. What are you advocating a forcable deportation of anybody 'poor' from the capital. Or are you advocating the creation of corrugated iron shanty towns into which the unemployed, disabled etc should be placed, with walls and machine guns in case they object to being 'relocated':rant:

Move out of London then. Why am I having to subsidise another set of folk who want what they can't afford through hard word but can easily get through an outstretched begging hand?

So if, god forbid, you were made redundant you would have no problem with the government/council deporting you to Arbourthorne or Manor would you? or do you hold that stance because you are 'lucky' enough to own your own home?

Perhaps if the councils ACTUALLY spent some money on social housing in London rather than on the 'Olympics' and other pointless events then the COUNCIL wouldn't have to pay private landlords so much rent? Oh and that's right criticize them for wanting a roof over their head, food on their plate etc. I know who I find most contemptable.

New Labour have been the greatest enemy of the working class person ever !!!!

No government in the past, or I believe in the future will ever do more punish the workers of this country, while rewarding the underserving.

HOw can you have a situation where a hardworking person on the lowest wages possibe, cannot afford their own pad, and earns less than a third (the equivalent of £35,000 per annum net) of another man who does not work and takes the tax from the person who has such low pay, he or she cannot ever afford a home of there own.

I do hope the conservatives undo this greatest of injustices to the working class

No government in the past, or I believe in the future will ever do more punish the workers of this country, while rewarding the underserving.

HOw can you have a situation where a hardworking person on the lowest wages possibe, cannot afford their own pad, and earns less than a third (the equivalent of £35,000 per annum net) of another man who does not work and takes the tax from the person who has such low pay, he or she cannot ever afford a home of there own.

I do hope the conservatives undo this greatest of injustices to the working class

dont talk wet, they ARE ALL the same, torys included

You really need to check your facts Housing benefit is not just paid to the non-working as you WELL KNOW. Rewarding the undeserving!!! have you ever tried to live on jobseekers allowance, I have and I barely kept my head afloat. At that time I was living on my own. I had to give up my phone, I couldn't afford to put the heating on and struggled to pay for the bus fare to travel into town to look for work. I suggest you could do with spending some time trying to live on £48.00 a week, and then try paying Gas, Electric, Food etc. :rant:

So if, god forbid, you were made redundant you would have no problem with the government/council deporting you to Arbourthorne or Manor would you? or do you hold that stance because you are 'lucky' enough to own your own home?

Perhaps if the councils ACTUALLY spent some money on social housing in London rather than on the 'Olympics' and other pointless events then the COUNCIL wouldn't have to pay private landlords so much rent? Oh and that's right criticize them for wanting a roof over their head, food on their plate etc. I know who I find most contemptable.

Hang on a minute. I own my own home because I work bloody hard, save like a man possessed and have never been beholden to any man or organisation so you can stow that argument.

I agree with your comments about the Olympics, it's a waste of money and a financial millstone around our collective necks. If folks can't afford to live somewhere then they should move ..... Much like I did many years ago.

Archived