Water tap outside house

pedant

When installing any water outlet it is a legal requirement for it to comply with the Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations 1999.

Outside fittings, if they are to be used in conjunction with a hose, are classed as fluid category 3. This is due to the fact that if a hose were to be left running whilst on the ground any drop in water pressure resulting in a backflow could result in outside contaminants making their way into the water supply.

To prevent this the minimum level of protection for an outdoors hose bib supply is a double check valve. Specifically, the regulations require any HU (hose union) tap to be fitted with a double check valve located upstream inside the house (or to be otherwise protected from frost and freezing).

/pedant

jb

ETA::evil:

pedant

When installing any water outlet it is a legal requirement for it to comply with the Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations 1999.

Outside fittings, if they are to be used in conjunction with a hose, are classed as fluid category 3. This is due to the fact that if a hose were to be left running whilst on the ground any drop in water pressure resulting in a backflow could result in outside contaminants making their way into the water supply.

To prevent this the minimum level of protection for an outdoors hose bib supply is a double check valve. Specifically, the regulations require any HU (hose union) tap to be fitted with a double check valve located upstream inside the house (or to be otherwise protected from frost and freezing).

/pedant

jb

ETA::evil:

So that'll still only be about 15 quid then.

So that'll still only be about 15 quid then.

Yeah. Alas I'm drunk and feeling pedantic. I've also had to spend the last month familiarising myself with the regulations and carrying out remedial work in order to bring my work place up to standard and felt like sharing the boredom.

jb

Yeah. Alas I'm drunk and feeling pedantic. I've also had to spend the last month familiarising myself with the regulations and carrying out remedial work in order to bring my work place up to standard and felt like sharing the boredom.

jb

Join the club :hihi:

Archived