Interested in Firth Park history?

Does anyone out there have photos / stories of Firth Park and surrounding area?? Friends of Firth Park are thinking of organising a local history day (maybe a sunday sometime in next few months), where people could bring things along + share info and knowledge etc.......

Would be good to know if there's anyone out there????

Post or pm me if you like.

Thanks

You could try letting the local churches know ...they are a mine of information when it comes to their immediate localities . You might even find that there is an active local history group in the area already who would be more than willing to stage an exhibition for you.

Does anyone out there have photos / stories of Firth Park and surrounding area?? Friends of Firth Park are thinking of organising a local history day (maybe a sunday sometime in next few months), where people could bring things along + share info and knowledge etc.......

Would be good to know if there's anyone out there????

Post or pm me if you like.

Thanks

Theer has been lots of discussion on here in past year or two re Firth Park , shops etc. Do a search & your should find them.

It would be nice if anyones got pictures of the whitsun parades that were in the park each year too. Anyone know when they finished I remember them in the 70s. I will ask around in the cafe I'm sure some of the local will remember :-)

It would be nice if anyones got pictures of the whitsun parades that were in the park each year too. Anyone know when they finished I remember them in the 70s. I will ask around in the cafe I'm sure some of the local will remember :-)

Thses are photos of Grimesthorpe Wesleyan reform on the way to & from Firth Park on Whit Monday's in 1952.

Lifeboysabt1952-1.jpg

whitwalk1952.jpg

This is 1961

whit1961.jpg

I wish I had some of us in the park but sadly don't have any.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks johnpm for those i was showing the pictures to some of the customers in the cafe and they brought back some good memories for them :-) they are looking forward to the friends getting together the displays. we have been given a few photos too that the customers found hide away

hilary

Archived