Would you work nights for £6.05 per hour?(if there were no benefits at all)

Would you work nights and weekends for £6.05 per hour?(no benefits availa.)  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Would you work nights and weekends for £6.05 per hour?(no benefits availa.)

• yes
    • no
    • dont know

Benefits or no benefits I would take whatever came along if I was out of work.

You clearly have the pride in yourself and the 'get up and go' to deserve finding a job and doing well in life.

The lazy scroungers that would refuse it aren't worth employing but they're too stupid to realise it's their attitude that condemns then to a life less than worth bothering with.

You clearly have the pride in yourself and the 'get up and go' to deserve finding a job and doing well in life.

The lazy scroungers that would refuse it aren't worth employing but they're too stupid to realise it's their attitude that condemns then to a life less than worth bothering with.

If anything is stupid, it is accepting a job without first assessing the situation and how it will affect you both short term and long term.

All I did was show up your half truths. Don't post things if you don't want people to use them to expose your lies.

...and what lies are they, I'm sorry if the facts upset your ignorant sensibilities enough to waste your time studying my past posts but facts are facts. Since you had taken the time I have replied to your post/personal attack, normally I treat your remarks with the contempt they deserve.

can't be bothered to read through the pages of bickering, but i can remember my first job paid £2p/h sitting on a checkout/bag packing for booths supermarket on a saturday and sunday when i was 16 (im 29 now). i earned £28 p/w.

i needed the money to afford the bus fare to college and dinners.

I hear you dont even live in the UK so you dont pay tax here anyway,sort of makes your comments look rather sad.

Take your blinkers off and the answer is obvious.

I assume you have never run a samall business, piad liability insurance?? done your own accounts?

:huh: IZ, you said earlier that you could...

but I could do the job, and would do it, for a lot less than you if I lost my current job and there was no safety net. As I'm sure you are aware a lot of other people could.

So why aren't these unemployed joiners doing this job for a lot less, as you claim to be able to do?

Could it be that the benefit net is too great perhaps?... or that I haven't got my blinkers on, and I know they can't undercut like you supposedly easily could do because I know how to run a small business, and pay liability insurance, accounts etc, and know how much they cost into pricing. So how would you suddenly undercut the joiners by a lot less? (your words).

Your posts almost seem to want to encourage people to be on benefits to protect certain incomes, which seems odd. :huh:

-

You know it's fascinating. I've always defended the UK when friends from abroad described us, the British, as petty, bigotted, xenophobic rascist and selfish. I'm starting to see where they are coming from, whern I read some of the bile spewed on this forum and in future I think I might find myself having to agree with them. I used to be proud to be English, but if what I see on this forum is an accurate representation of what the 'English' have sunk to then I think I might start describing myself as half Welsh, rather than admit I belong to such a narrow minded bunch od bigots.

I'm not sure where this wild and completely off-topic rant came from. Are you sure you didn't post this in the wrong place?

But, (bolded bits) if you describe yourself as half-welsh, then aren't you still British?:hihi:

I'm not sure what the people who have answered 'no' think would happen to them if they didn't work for the money.

It seems to have got to a stage when some can't even comprehend a life without handouts.

If there were no benefits, of course people would work for £6.05 an hour, otherwise they wouldn't survive.

That is why this topic is pointless, the situation doesn't and won't exist so why post it.?

Rather a pointless topic, what are you going to live on without wage or benefits?

If it is a pointless topic, then why are the percentages so different to the other thread?

Rather a pointless topic, what are you going to live on without wage or benefits?

Precisely what I want to know from the 'no' voters.

That is why this topic is pointless, the situation doesn't and won't exist so why post it.?

It did exist before, and you can't tell me it won't exist again, because you do not know that.

It exists (to a similar extent) in other societies, and may well exist in ours one day.

Archived