Would you work nights for £6.05 per hour?(if there were no benefits at all)

Would you work nights and weekends for £6.05 per hour?(no benefits availa.)  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Would you work nights and weekends for £6.05 per hour?(no benefits availa.)

• yes
    • no
    • dont know

It did exist before, and you can't tell me it won't exist again, because you do not know that.

It exists (to a similar extent) in other societies, and may well exist in ours one day.

Therefore it is a pointless topic as are all the answers are about a none existant situation.

If all I could get (at the time) was £6.00 an hour and it was night work and I could negotiate [probably not too hard] 10 hour shifts and (if I was lucky) 6 or 7 a week, I'd take it in a heartbeat!

£420 a week isn't shabby - It would allow me to live and I'd certainly have an incentive to get a better job.

Financial immigrants take jobs like that - then they move on to better jobs.

Lazy Brits don't bother and they (try) to move onto more benefits.

Guess which group are more employable and get the better jobs? - The lazy people who prefer to sit around on their arses all day or those who are prepared to work?

It did exist before, and you can't tell me it won't exist again, because you do not know that.

It exists (to a similar extent) in other societies, and may well exist in ours one day.

But it doesn't exist so all answers are as pointless as the question.

Therefore it is a pointless topic as are all the answers are about a none existant situation.

So let me get this straight Bassman... discussing something that did once exist, still exists today [in some areas], and may exist in the future... is a pointless topic about non-existent situations?

Are you deliberately being obtuse?

So let me get this straight Bassman... discussing something that did once exist, still exists today [in some areas], and may exist in the future... is a pointless topic about non-existent situations?

Are you deliberately being obtuse?

Until it exists in the UK all replies on it are worthless.

While ever we're giving out £Billions in overseas aid we're hardly likely to cut out our own benefit system.

Until it exists in the UK all replies on it are worthless.

Ah, I see. The UK is the centre of the universe and the world economy. :roll:

To be honest, the most worthless replies in here are when you starting contributing to it. :)

You do realise that world economy, world labour, affects our market and pricing and wages yeah? You should. I'm sure I've seen you moaning on other threads about Thatcher killing our industry.

And someone told me last night that I had my blinkers on. :o

While ever we're giving out £Billions in overseas aid we're hardly likely to cut out our own benefit system.

What's that got to do with this pointless topic? Are you trying to make my pointless thread even more pointless?

If all I could get (at the time) was £6.00 an hour and it was night work and I could negotiate [probably not too hard] 10 hour shifts and (if I was lucky) 6 or 7 a week, I'd take it in a heartbeat!

£420 a week isn't shabby - It would allow me to live and I'd certainly have an incentive to get a better job.

Financial immigrants take jobs like that - then they move on to better jobs.

Lazy Brits don't bother and they (try) to move onto more benefits.

Guess which group are more employable and get the better jobs? - The lazy people who prefer to sit around on their arses all day or those who are prepared to work?

I missed this post. My goodness. Sense!

:)

Archived