Help Needed on shopping, blokes, and the colour pink

I need advice on what guys spend the money on when it comes to greetings cards (market research).

Would you buy your girlfriend a pink card with white lettering, or would you prefer something a little more neutral.

Do guys have issues with buying bright pink cards these days?

Any feedback would be most gratefully appreciated :)

Don't you just buy whatever you think your girlfriend would like? I'm sure the checkout person will put the card in a concealing brown paper bag if you're cowering at the thought of walking around with it and its pastelness on display.

Don't you just buy whatever you think your girlfriend would like? I'm sure the checkout person will put the card in a concealing brown paper bag if you're cowering at the thought of walking around with it and its pastelness on display.

^^^What she says.

If your girlfriend, like me, would prefer black, grey, brown or khaki and would regard anything pink, glittery and flowery as being suitable only in an ironic sense, then pink should be the last thing on your agenda.

If she likes pink then buying pink is all part of showing her that you understand what she likes.

Take a rucksack or a jacket with a deep inside pocket with you and whatever you buy it can be snook home without anyone being able to make you feel embarrassed anyway.

My dad even wears pink sometimes, but since he's 6'5 and is either mistaken for a rugby player or a copper by most people, I'm not sure that many people would comment that they think it's girly, even if they think it.

Actually, you're right. I've seen a lot more pink on guys over the last few years.

Maybe my thoughts on what people think is acceptable about colour is outdated. Certainly today's market research has said people wouldn't bat an eyelid...

So, thanks to everyone that replied :)

Archived