Argos Returns.. Help needed

Hi,

My parents bought me a mini oven for my bedsit last november, and it packed up last week. It has 4 elements, 2 top & 2 bottom, and none of them will warm up at all, although power is getting to the unit.

I had the receipt, but have lost it, foolish i know, so i contacted argos and they say there is nothing they can do without proof of purchase, receipt or credit debit card statement.

Parent in the process of moving so all paperwork is in storage, and i simply cant afford to buy a new one at the moment.

Is there anything i can say or do to "persuade" argos to exchange the item, and i know they are probably well within their rights in their decision, but the item i believe is exclusive to them, its one of their cookworks range.

If you have the card you paid with they can trace it from that, otherwise ring head office and say you are going to contact citizens advice but it is always a good idea to hang on to your receipt

Archived