Has anyone read the bible

Bit harsh don't you think? Speccy has recently discovered a possible belief in god and is now questioning the religion's origins before he/she gets further into it. I think that's more to be applauded than ridiculed. Certainly it's better than just accepting a faith blindly because someone told you to.

Awww thank you RootsBooster, that is very nice of you to stick up for me :)

xxx

I've read it a few times ... dead boring! I even tried the 'Good news for modern man' version which takes out all the 'thee' and 'thine', 'doest' etc ... still bad!

Think they should bring out a sequel with maybe Stephen Hawking or Richard Dawkings as the main characters and a cameo appearance from Lady Gaga perhaps?

I think this would get sales up at Waterstones!

Bit harsh don't you think? Speccy has recently discovered a possible belief in god and is now questioning the religion's origins before he/she gets further into it. I think that's more to be applauded than ridiculed. Certainly it's better than just accepting a faith blindly because someone told you to.

No evidence for your first assertion-seemed like a Doubting Thomas to me.I was not ridiculing his scetism,rather his claim that some books have no authors ie were written spontaneously!

No evidence for your first assertion-seemed like a Doubting Thomas to me.I was not ridiculing his scetism,rather his claim that some books have no authors ie were written spontaneously!

Yeah but she/he didn't claim that did they?

Also another question I have.

All books generally have an author, however why can we not trace who Matthew was? What was his surname? Same with the other three? x

See, Speccy is just questioning the origins of the bible that's all.

Awww thank you RootsBooster, that is very nice of you to stick up for me :)

xxx

Don't thank me, I'm a fiend and I will get you later:twisted:

Archived