Need help tracking down lost relation from Sheffield

As Strix said above it happened all the time, believe me I've seen it often in my years of research. I even read an article recently in a magazine about how frequent it was. Maybe that's why he felt unable to marry in church. hillsbro on here is excellent at finding people.:)

My Riley family came from Dublin but before I was born my father had a child with a step family relative from Belfast. The boy took on her future husband's surname which is Murphy so as you can guess I've not been able to trace him in Ireland. I know how frustrating it can be.:(

My Riley family came from Dublin but before I was born my father had a child with a step family relative from Belfast. The boy took on her future husband's surname which is Murphy so as you can guess I've not been able to trace him in Ireland. I know how frustrating it can be.:(

Your story sounds as mixed up as mine! I was thinkin the half brother, Michael that I'm looking for could be going by his mothers next partners name. Everything is a guessing game, getting my hands on the facts is not very easy at all. I wish you well in ur search.

There is this record on Ancestry but she could have used her maiden name if not married:(

Jane M O'brien

Spouse Surname: Taylor

Date of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec 1969

Registration district: Don Valley

Registration county (inferred): Yorkshire West Riding

Volume Number: 2b

Page Number: 902

There is this record on Ancestry but she could have used her maiden name if not married:(

Jane M O'brien

Spouse Surname: Taylor

Date of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec 1969

Registration district: Don Valley

Registration county (inferred): Yorkshire West Riding

Volume Number: 2b

Page Number: 902

Thanks very much for that, just crossed checked it with Michael as the son, and no joy. :(

There was a Michael S O'brien born in Sheffield 1964. The mother's maiden name was Thompson

Yes I did see that, but all I know is the mothers name is Jane, but I can't find a Jane Thompson.. Not sure whatelse I can do given the limited bit of information I have to go on. Thanks again for the help!

Yes I did see that, but all I know is the mothers name is Jane, but I can't find a Jane Thompson.. Not sure whatelse I can do given the limited bit of information I have to go on. Thanks again for the help!

Why not order the birth certificate? For £9 it might be worth the risk?

Archived