Lanzarote family holiday recommended please

my sister has booked to stay in La Florida apartments at the end of this month in Puerto del carmen. She knows a few people who have been and said they are well worth the money. Also all the reviews about them are good aswell

Been to puerto del carmen many times, but never stayed in a hotel, opted more for apartments as they are by the thousand, don't recall seeing that many hotels there though there is a massive one opposite Linekers bar, We've also just turned up got in a taxi from the airport and asked the taxi driver to find us a decent place near the beach twice and both times have been ace, i think one of them was the Colony Club, basic but very clean and near the beach.

We went to Costa Teguise and stayed at the Santa Rosa apartments. Its a bit quieter than Puerto Del Carmen and a lot more relaxing. We dont really do getting drunk and passed out kinda holidays. We like days on a quiet and clean beaches with quiet pubs that have a good mix of tourists, ex pats and locals - which is a lot of the area.

Been to puerto del carmen many times, but never stayed in a hotel, opted more for apartments as they are by the thousand, don't recall seeing that many hotels there though there is a massive one opposite Linekers bar, We've also just turned up got in a taxi from the airport and asked the taxi driver to find us a decent place near the beach twice and both times have been ace, i think one of them was the Colony Club, basic but very clean and near the beach.

That’s put me off there then. :gag:

Union jack shorts

Lager louts

Pints and all day breakfasts ( with HP sauce )

Happy hols :cool:

We went to Costa Teguise and stayed at the Santa Rosa apartments. Its a bit quieter than Puerto Del Carmen and a lot more relaxing. We dont really do getting drunk and passed out kinda holidays. We like days on a quiet and clean beaches with quiet pubs that have a good mix of tourists, ex pats and locals - which is a lot of the area.

I also went to Costa Teguise and would recommend it as it is quieter than Puerto Del Carmen but still had plenty of pubs, restaurants and shops. I stayed in an apartment at the 'Lanzarote gardens'. The apartment was basic but clean and quite spacious. The complex had its own swimming pool and a small pool for toddlers. This is only a small complex but it had its own restaurant and does do all inclusive. I ate in a few times and apart from breakfast I did not reckon much to the food. However, the complex is in a fantastic position. It is across the road from a lovely white sand beach and in the middle of lots of shops, restaurants and pubs. The beach had newly built toilet, shower and changing facilities.

I stayed at the H10 Rubicón Palace a couple of years ago on an all inclusive deal. I have no kids but there were plenty of activities arranged for them. The pool was huge (also several smaller ones knocking around) the food in the buffet hall acceptable. After a couple of days we upgraded to premium all inclusive for something like an extra £20 a day which gave a much wider range of free drinks (it's quite limited otherwise) and we got to eat breakfast and evening meal in the ala carte restaurant (we went off season so had the same table set up especially for us every day) which served far superior food with unlimited wine by the bottle (compared to crappy stuff on tap in the buffet hall).

We booked direct with the hotel and booked our own flights, Be warned it's about 45 min drive from the airport in taxi which set us back about £30.

jb

Archived