Being declared fit to work by the benefits agency

I don't quite understand how you think that pointing out one group of people who have on occasion broke the law (Bankers, MPs), somehow justifies ignoring another group of people breaking the law (people claiming benefits they aren't entitled to), can you explain?

Is there some reason that both groups can't be pursued?

Sigh! The point I am making is that the government seems very keen to blaim 'benefit cheats' for all the Uk woes, commenting upon 25% of those sent for examination dropping their claim for Incapacity benefits, as an example whilst at the same time wanting to ease the expenses system for MP's so that they can get their grubby little snouts deeper in the trough. I'm not going to say what I think about Bankers, the moderators would just remove it! I'm not justifying benefit cheats, I have and will continue to report them if I find out about them, unlike some who have posted complaining about benefit cheats it seems. All theft from the government is theft from ME I pay taxes and object to being robbed whether by tax evaders, MP's, benefit thieves or whoever. I do NOT however believe that just because part of your body isn't missing you are not elligable for incapacity benefit. Neither do I believe that disabled people should be humiliated and accused of ALL being scroungers just because a FEW decide to abuse the system. Not all MP's are corrupt, lying, thieves just because some of them are!

the government have said there going to reduce the number of people on long term sick and make them available to work, a recent study says 25% of people on sick were able to work, well just to let you know its a joke! there not even asseseing people correctly now to make the figures correct!!, my missus has suffered post natal depression for the last 12 months, she has recently had a medical and been deemed fit to work, she is 36 weeks pregnant, when they rang to tell her, they didnt realise she was pregnant even though she put this in the form she filled in and was asked this at the medical,so beware its a lucky dip,shouldnt they get there facts right before they make a decision?
So she's on benefits, not working, and the pair of you decided to rely on the state even more by having another child that other people are going to be paying for - and you're complaining?

So she's on benefits, not working, and the pair of you decided to rely on the state even more by having another child that other people are going to be paying for - and you're complaining?

Does that mean if you have children you will be handing back the Child benefit?

You can work and receive DLA

It's not worth it though, you can only work about 10 hours a week and come away with about £20 without affecting your entitlement, I've looked into it cos I want to work for money but the current system won't let me! :rant:

It's not worth it though, you can only work about 10 hours a week and come away with about £20 without affecting your entitlement, I've looked into it cos I want to work for money but the current system won't let me! :rant:

You could always do voluntary work. At least that way you are 'earning' the benefits you are claiming. :D

Does that mean if you have children you will be handing back the Child benefit?
It means that people who are already out of work and claiming benefits are utterly, selfishly irresponsible to have more kids that they can't pay for themselves.

It means that people who are already out of work and claiming benefits are utterly, selfishly irresponsible to have more kids that they can't pay for themselves.

And what do you call people earning £40K plus complaining about losing their Child Benefit, or are you saying only the poor are greedy and selfish? Perhaps we should introduce a system where you need to buy a licence to have a child? :loopy:

The system will let you, its the fact that you want to earn money and receive benefits at the same time that you're constantly whingeing about. If you're fit to work voluntary posts whilst claiming benefits, you're fit to stop claiming and go out and earn money.

You could always do voluntary work. At least that way you are 'earning' the benefits you are claiming. :D

Mate, don't even start. I've been doing voluntarey work for several years...

Archived