Being declared fit to work by the benefits agency

And what do you call people earning £40K plus complaining about losing their Child Benefit, or are you saying only the poor are greedy and selfish? Perhaps we should introduce a system where you need to buy a licence to have a child? :loopy:
I don't think anybody should receive child beenfit - it's a lifestyle choice - why should other taxpayers fund some individuals' choices?

As for a license to have a child - I most certainly would apply that the the feckless who breed with no consideration for how they will support or pay for their litters.

So why not get a real job?

Oh yea, I forgot. 10 years ago you had a single bad experience at the job center so you can never work again.

Because voluntary employers are capable of working around people who cannot guarantee turning up EVERY day. Would you, as an employer be prepared to accept an employee who has days when working is possible and days when they aren't? I suggest you learn a little bit about the real world before you jump in again.

I don't think anybody should receive child beenfit - it's a lifestyle choice - why should other taxpayers fund some individuals' choices?

As for a license to have a child - I most certainly would apply that the the feckless who breed with no consideration for how they will support or pay for their litters.

Do you own a car perhaps? Why should people who walk and cycle pay for the damage to the environment, the cost of road traffic accidents that car drivers are responsible for? Perhaps we should have the NHS charge the owners of cars the costs involved in injuries caused by accidents involving road vehicles? Or is that different? Perhaps then we will have fewer feckless car drivers with no consideration for the damage they cause to the environment expecting everybody else to pay for their privelige of driving.

Do you own a car perhaps? Why should people who walk and cycle pay for the damage to the environment, the cost of road traffic accidents that car drivers are responsible for? Perhaps we should have the NHS charge the owners of cars the costs involved in injuries caused by accidents involving road vehicles? Or is that different? Perhaps then we will have fewer feckless car drivers with no consideration for the damage they cause to the environment expecting everybody else to pay for their privelige of driving.
You miss the point entirely.

Motorists pay tax at every turn for their transport - they aren't given tax breaks as an incentive to run a vehicle. And, if they can't afford to buy or run a vehicle - that's tough.

Unlike the case for out of work parents, who can just keep on dropping the next generation of benefit claimants to their hearts' contents, and the more they produce, the more beenffits they receive - that is dreadfully wrong.

Motorists pay tax at every turn for their transport - they aren't given tax breaks as an incentive to run a vehicle. And, if they can't afford to buy or run a vehicle - that's tough.

Unlike the case for out of work parents, who can just keep on dropping the next generation of benefit claimants to their hearts' contents, and the more they produce, the more beenffits they receive - that is dreadfully wrong.

And parents whether on benefits or not still pay taxes. I don't believe for one moment that the taxes paid by motorists cover the cost of motoring, if you can prove different I'm quite prepared to eat humbe pie. So if you are a motorist you are being subsidised by the rest of the tax paying population. What makes that any less reprehensible than 'out of work' parents?

Or are you saying the poor shouldn't have the right to procreate? How much should you be earning before you are entitled to have children? The average wage in the UK? and who's to say you won't get made redundant after the child was born? I know I was made redundant the DAY my daughter was born, Am I feckless for daring to think my job was secure? Or should my daughter have been taken off me andf put up for adoption because I was unlucky enough to be the last person in the department to be hired (the previous last person had left three weeks earlier to join a different department)

It's not worth it though, you can only work about 10 hours a week and come away with about £20 without affecting your entitlement, I've looked into it cos I want to work for money but the current system won't let me! :rant:
How strange. I work 37.5 hours a week and receive full DLA. The rules have changed Rich my boy, DLA is now not a means tested benefit

Or the next generation of low paid workers depending on your viewpoint

How strange. I work 37.5 hours a week and receive full DLA. The rules have changed Rich my boy, DLA is now not a means tested benefit

If you are capable of working more or less full time, why are you claiming DLA? :loopy::rant:

If you are capable of working more or less full time, why are you claiming DLA? :loopy::rant:
Because I can. If its decided in the future I can't then they'll take it off me. Don't hate the player hate the game. At least i'm working.

Why wouldn't you claim it even if you are capable of working full time? Why are you not working full time instead of worrying about it interfering with your DLA? :loopy::rant:

And parents whether on benefits or not still pay taxes. I don't believe for one moment that the taxes paid by motorists cover the cost of motoring, if you can prove different I'm quite prepared to eat humbe pie. So if you are a motorist you are being subsidised by the rest of the tax paying population. What makes that any less reprehensible than 'out of work' parents?
Well, I don't intend to spend time on Google proving the costs of motoring one way or the other, but unless you can prove that motoring does cost us more than motorists pay in taxes, you are in no position to make such silly claims.

Or are you saying the poor shouldn't have the right to procreate? How much should you be earning before you are entitled to have children? The average wage in the UK? and who's to say you won't get made redundant after the child was born? I know I was made redundant the DAY my daughter was born, Am I feckless for daring to think my job was secure? Or should my daughter have been taken off me andf put up for adoption because I was unlucky enough to be the last person in the department to be hired (the previous last person had left three weeks earlier to join a different department)
Previous generations had to save until they could afford to have children - why not today?

The answer is that the low-paid expect everything, and don't want to wait for it. So they feel entitled to a car, big tv, dvd, computer, washing machine, dishwasher, holidays and other luxuries - and to have kids whether or not they've saved and prepared to have a family.

Those who lose their job for no fault of their own should, of course, receive state support - but those already on benefits should be under no illusion that they are entitled to enlarge their families at the taxpayer's expense.

Archived