Being declared fit to work by the benefits agency

Depressants and alcoholics make up a lot of the people who are on benefits most of them are healthy and can walk and bend down and things so you would think they could go to work,but the realty is no one would give any of them a job anywhere, so we just give them money to spend on booz and pay all there bills for them, its mad there must be a better way of dealing with them,Ive got a bad back and there are days when I don't feel like getting out of bed, but I'm self employed and if I don't work I get nothing,benefits should be paid to people who are physicality un fit to work, so there has to be some form of examination to weed out the scroungers and cheats who cost the country so much money, and a lot of the money is going to people that are not from this country.

Depressants and alcoholics make up a lot of the people who are on benefits most of them are healthy and can walk and bend down and things so you would think they could go to work,but the realty is no one would give any of them a job anywhere,so we just give them money to spend on booz and pay all there bills for them,

Based upon what. Your opinion? Do you work for DWP? So in your opinion anybody who is mentally ill, Depression IS a mental illness, is capable of working. So not only do you work for the DWP, you are also a Psychiatrist!! Wow!! Unless you have suffered from depression you have no idea how debilitating it is. From your jandiced view of Depression I would guess you never have. How disabled do you have to be to claim Incapacity benefit, in YOUR opinion, quadraplegic, no because they can still work, dead??

Unless you have suffered from depression you have no idea how debilitating it is.

Yes depression is debilitating - I should know as I have had (and still have) severe depression (as diagnosed by GP and psychiatrist). I've had it for 15 years and apart from five months off during a very bad patch some years ago I have worked 15 years.

You can work with depression but you have to want to

Based upon what. Your opinion? Do you work for DWP? So in your opinion anybody who is mentally ill, Depression IS a mental illness, is capable of working. So not only do you work for the DWP, you are also a Psychiatrist!! Wow!! Unless you have suffered from depression you have no idea how debilitating it is. From your jandiced view of Depression I would guess you never have. How disabled do you have to be to claim Incapacity benefit, in YOUR opinion, quadraplegic, no because they can still work, dead??
You don't get my point, depression and mental illness alcoholism is the one that people fake and pretend to be, any one can act daft and turn up for an interview stinking of booz, them sort of people need sorting out, if you are properly ill ie broken leg or disabled or you have an illness you should be looked after with out any kind of belittling test cared out by some politically motivated servant of the government, and by the way I have suffered with depression in the past,so I do know what I am talking about,as for working for the DWP they don't set self employed people on, you would have read that about me if you had read my thread properly.

Yes depression is debilitating - I should know as I have had (and still have) severe depression (as diagnosed by GP and psychiatrist). I've had it for 15 years and apart from five months off during a very bad patch some years ago I have worked 15 years.

You can work with depression but you have to want to

Its not very nice depression I lost my dad a few years a go and it hit me like a hammer changed me all together, I tried to work through it but it was a very hard time for my family, I never signed on or any thing just kept on going best I could, I know some people who have been signing on for years saying they are depressed,they look OK to me most of them are fitter than me,I'm sure most of them could do some sort of work, theres one in particular{ no names } who I see in the bookies every time I pass to go to work,he told me one day he did not have to touch his benefit this week as he had made that much on the horses.

Its not very nice depression I lost my dad a few years a go and it hit me like a hammer changed me all together, I tried to work through it but it was a very hard time for my family, I never signed on or any thing just kept on going best I could, I know some people who have been signing on for years saying they are depressed,they look OK to me most of them are fitter than me,I'm sure most of them could do some sort of work, theres one in particular{ no names } who I see in the bookies every time I pass to go to work,he told me one day he did not have to touch his benefit this week as he had made that much on the horses.

And I know people who fiddle thier taxes does that mean everybody does? You were lucky. you had a job and were able to work your way through your illness, and that is what depression is, an illness. I work with refugee's I know someone who was so depressed he took a can of petrol into a clinic and poured it over himself and threatened to set himself on fire to get something more than a helpline number. I've had depression so bad I actually thought my kids would be better off without me and did something really stupid (at the time it just seemed the easiest way out). Just because some people take advantage of the system shouldn't mean that the system should ignore those who are REALLY ill, in spite of the fact that illness might not be visible.

And I know people who fiddle thier taxes does that mean everybody does? You were lucky. you had a job and were able to work your way through your illness, and that is what depression is, an illness. I work with refugee's I know someone who was so depressed he took a can of petrol into a clinic and poured it over himself and threatened to set himself on fire to get something more than a helpline number. I've had depression so bad I actually thought my kids would be better off without me and did something really stupid (at the time it just seemed the easiest way out). Just because some people take advantage of the system shouldn't mean that the system should ignore those who are REALLY ill, in spite of the fact that illness might not be visible.

I suppose the refugee fled his homeland to escape persecution and torture.Then decides to torture himself over here??:huh:

Archived