On the bus today.

I sit by the fire exit, or on the disabled seats, if not, I stand up or lay across two.

Long legs should be a recognized disability on our cramped buses.

And they should move all the 'open door - close door' buttons from directly above the door to the side of it, as when you get on, you bang your head and the door closes shut on you!

Buses should be forced to cater more for young men, due to extortionate car insurance. Most buses are full of young men nowadays, the disabled and lazy have mobility scooters which at 8mph travel faster than the bus, young women generally drive as they can afford the insurance. And old women in the public sector can generally afford taxis.

I nearly got run over by someone on a mobility scooter not long back. Iliterally had to dive otu the way, while he carried on his merry way.

I nearly got run over by someone on a mobility scooter not long back. Iliterally had to dive otu the way, while he carried on his merry way.

They are a menace to society.

However I would love to see an M1 Grand Prix through Sheffield.

We could have 10 of them lined up at the bottom of fargate and have them race through town for charity, even including a peace garden loop!

I've never been much of a fan of formula 1, but mobility scooter racing I'd pay good money to watch!

I have a physical disability, but unless you know me, you probably wont realise this. I am relatively young and look physically fit, which I am not.

I was sat in the disabled seats at the front of the bus. It was quite full. A few stops later, an old couple got on. They were stood near me. After a few minutes of standing, the lady said to me "Well aren't you going to get up?" In a pretty rude manner. It did peeve me quite a bit, so I simply said "No". I probably shouldn't have been rude back, but there you go. To which a younger guy near me started tutting and shaking his head, said that she can have his seat, while looking at me giving me dirty looks and the muttering some kind of expletives.

This isn't the first time something like this has happened. Whatever happened to people not making presumptions based on appearences?

If its not obvious that there is something wrong with you, and you just simply say "no" rather than explain why you're entitled to be sat there then this is asking for trouble.

You're a real life troll.

If its not obvious that there is something wrong with you, and you just simply say "no" rather than explain why you're entitled to be sat there then this is asking for trouble.

He has no obligation to tell anyone his medical history, especially not for the sake of a bus seat. Maybe you could ask him to be a little less blunt than a straight "no", but he certainly doesn't have to explain himself.

You're a real life troll.

I she wasn't rude to me from the outset, she may have been told this.

I she wasn't rude to me from the outset, she may have been told this.
Was she actually rude? From your op she just asked you if, as a young fit looking male specimen, you were going to let an old lady sit down? How is that rude?

She was dreaming anyway, how often does that happen these days? :hihi: They don't make men like they used to.

Was she actually rude? From your op she just asked you if, as a young fit looking male specimen, you were going to let an old lady sit down? How is that rude?

She was dreaming anyway, how often does that happen these days? :hihi: They don't make men like they used to.

It was how she said it, not what she said. Bit hard to put down in writing, but she was definitely rude.

I would have acted in the same manner as the younger guy to be honest. Unfortunately.
Isn't that what I said? :P Mostly, I find if you need help of any sort, you're more likely to receive it from a woman.

Men today mostly seem to have abdicated any of their usefulnesses, even such a minor courtesy as giving their seat on a bus to someone in more need.

I'd have told her why I needed the seat, watched her squirm a bit in regret for jumping to conclusions and then insisted she took the seat anyway.

Either way, she could just as easily be posting about the "rude physically fit looking young man" that refused to give up a seat on the bus for an elderly lady and every one would be tutting about the lack of manners in today's society - if people don't communicate then how do we ever know where they are coming from?

Archived