On the bus today.

Because at the time she annoyed me and probably wouldn't have believed me anyway. But afterwards I did think to myself that maybe I should have just let her know, even though she was rude to me. But oh well. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

She should have asked politely, then it's more likely you'd have been polite in response. Unfortunately though by not explaining you reinforced her prejudice and she'll probably continue to be rude to people.

Im only 6ft1 and I find it hard to sit forwards on some seats on buses, so like another poster will aim for the front seats as generally the younger kids have taken the larger leg room seats at the back....I will move for people and stand though.

• 2 weeks later...
Not knowing the ins and out of this case, if you're not physically incapable of walking a reasonable distance, I've never understood why being registered disabled should entitle you to park wherever you like?

You could just be deaf, or have a mental condition or something?

Not all disabled people are entitled to a blue badge, certain criteria has to be met for them to be allowed a blue badge.

Not knowing the ins and out of this case, if you're not physically incapable of walking a reasonable distance, I've never understood why being registered disabled should entitle you to park wherever you like?

You could just be deaf, or have a mental condition or something?

I don't think deaf people or someone with mental condition would get driving licence. How would a deaf person take a driving test?:huh::huh:

I don't think deaf people or someone with mental condition would get driving licence. How would a deaf person take a driving test?:huh::huh:

My uncle is registered disabled because of his deafness - and he does drive, quite legally.

In any case, it's quite possible for a disabled person to have a disabled badge and not drive at all. My Mum had one, which we used when we took her out anywhere, and she had never drove in her life.

Quite easily. I work with someone who is registered deaf and she drives. I also remember some years back ordering a taxi and the driver telling me before I got in that he was deaf so couldn't talk to me during the journey. (Of course that might have been a cunning plan to avoid dull taxi driver/punter conversations!)

Archived