Masons arms langsett road ??

pcman

Been in twice I thhink. It's not very good but it's a fair example of a typical average timewarped old pub, but there's no real ale and it isn't very welcoming. It'll probably go the same way as the others down Langsett Rd. It could be a good pub but it probably won't become one ever again, it'll sadly bite the dust before long.

It used to have nice etched windows, but I see they've recently gone which is a shame.

• 4 weeks later...
Has anyone been in this pub ??

I Have called in this pub a couple of times over the past few weeks and whilst not a shining light in the Real Ale Walk in anyway shape or form and yes it is a traditional old fashioned pub.

The welcome I received from both the Bar Staff and indeed locals as superb and something the real beer heavens could perhaps learn from.

And no I was not aware of any breach of law in regards to smoking on my visits.

A pub I will have no hesitation in calling in again on my walkabouts.

There are 3 'Masons' pubs within a very small area. I always wonder if it was anything to do with the building of the barracks (which must have employed a few masons) or is it just coincidence?

There's the Langsett Road one, the one on Capel St, and the Freemasons on Walkley Lane. All rubbish pubs though.

Archived