Union Jack Flag - Upside Down

I have seen a few Union Jack flags hung around, and it amazes me how many people in this country STILL cant hang our nations flag correctly, and some of them had no idea there was a right and wrong way to put it up!

Going down London Road a while back and a car lot had 3 Union Jacks, if I remember rightly one was upside down, I don't know if this was on purpose or not though?

You might be offended by it, but the person flying it or putting the stamp on probably doesn't mean to do it in a disrespectful way.

When I put a stamp on a letter, I just put it on, I don't take care to make sure it isn't upside down. It's only for postage.

Its supposedly an act of treason.But then again its also illegal to die in the house of commons :D.

I have seen a few Union Jack flags hung around, and it amazes me how many people in this country STILL cant hang our nations flag correctly, and some of them had no idea there was a right and wrong way to put it up!

It helps if you can name it properly too. Evidently the correct name is Union Flag.

I prefer Union Jack, but evidently that's all wrong :|

I think on upside down Union flags as being a kind of idiot radar.:)

You're not wrong. If you want to bring idiots out of the woodwork, just hang a Union Jack (:o should that be Union Flag) the wrong way up, and out they come to make silly prejudiced judgemental comments about the person who may have unwittingly done it, though in this scenario they themselves have unwittingly been smoked out as idiots by a deliberately mishung flag.

You're not wrong. If you want to bring idiots out of the woodwork, just hang a Union Jack (:o should that be Union Flag) the wrong way up, and out they come to make silly prejudiced judgemental comments about the person who may have unwittingly done it, though in this scenario they themselves have unwittingly been smoked out as idiots by a deliberately mishung flag.

Hardly silly and prejudiced, if they can't get their homeland flag the correct way up (whether unwittingly - a sign of idiocy - or not) then they are an idiot as only an idiot make such a rudimentary error.

Simple, really (even for idiots to understand):P.

Archived