What's your favourite newspaper?

I read, or get someone to read for me, the...  

73 members have voted

1. 1. I read, or get someone to read for me, the...

• Daily Mail
    • Daily Express
    • The Sun
    • The Times
    • The Telegraph
    • The Guardian
    • The Independant
    • None of the above

Just to add, I do it all online, bar the occasional Guardian on a Saturday, and supplement with tv news sites, blogs, twitter etc.

Some people earlier on the thread said they don't like newspapers because of the opinions - that's exactly why I do like them. I don't read papers just to find out what's happened, but the see what the comment/reaction is - hence reading a range of them.

Just to add, I do it all online, bar the occasional Guardian on a Saturday, and supplement with tv news sites, blogs, twitter etc.

Some people earlier on the thread said they don't like newspapers because of the opinions - that's exactly why I do like them. I don't read papers just to find out what's happened, but the see what the comment/reaction is - hence reading a range of them.

Exactly, I wouldn't not read something just because I don't agree with it. How else do we get a balanced view of things...:D

Exactly, I wouldn't not read something just because I don't agree with it. How else do we get a balanced view of things...:D

This alone accounts for me still reading SF...I don't want to spend the whole of my life in a bubble of right-thinking, sympathetic, thoughtful types ;)

Yes that was run by Eddie Shar. There was all sorts of industrial strife when he introduced a computerised printing mechanism and got rid of loads of printers, if I remember rightly..

Funny what sticks in your mind.

The northern distribution was done in vehicles leased from Salford Van Hire. On the news one night they showed the trucks leaving the plant in such a hurry to avoid the pickets, that one came out before the roller shutter had been properly raised and hit it such a belt it ripped it off.

Like I say, it's funny what you remember. :D

(and it was Eddie Shah, by the way)

John X

I read the Daily Mail online. I think it is a good read & I don't see why certain people have issues with it. The Mirror has become unreadable since David Cameron got in. Virtually every article in the paper apart from the sports section is an attack on the Tories. Every writer & columnist except the sports reporters is on anti Tory mission.

Archived