Searching for a half sibling.. can CSA help?

Hi All,

The story goes..

My partner remembers in the early 90s (he was early teens at the time), that the CSA were chasing his dad due to a woman making a claim he had fathered a child (female) to her a couple of years before he fathered my partner. His dad always vehemently denies the rumours, and told CSA the child wasn't his. They stopped chasing him after that.

My partner asked his mum about this yesterday and she states that it did happen and my partners dad did admit to a one night stand with the woman, but denied he was the childs father.

My partner has no relationship whatsoever with his father due to his lack of ability when it comes to being a father. His dad will speak to him if he is called, but he makes no effort. Last night, my partner called his dad and his dad said yes it did happen, but it wasn't his child. My other half does not believe this, along with other family. He asked his dad if he knows of the name of the girl, he said he did not, yet he remembers the mothers surname, and supplied him with it.

With only a surname of a mother who may have married once or more, he will struggle to find his possible half sister. We are sure he must know here first name, after all who sleeps with someone and knows their surname but not their Christian name?

Can anyone advise if my partner is to contact CSA, will they supply him with any info, names etc, or try to contact them on my partners behalf? He is not sure where to start looking

Private investigators my be an idea?

thats only something new, as a friend of mines baby had her dad on birth cert but he has no involvement and hasn't from day one (child is 10)

It's at least 37 years old, that rule... My Dad had to go for me, and my parents were married... Believe that it's different now in that a married woman can put her husband on a birth cert these days, without the husband being there... It has to be that way with unmarried parents, since the Mother could cite absolutely anyone...

Archived