Wedding cakes ideas

hi there

congratulations on your up and coming wedding :)

have a look in magazines , google images etc to get some ideas

a lot can depend on how many guests you would like to feed too , no point anyone selling you a 4 tier cake if you only have 50 guests ........but some will !!

you get what you pay for in the end , and a cake is a very important part of your day , feel free to give me a buzz if you would like any advice

sharon x

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would like to reccommend Jayne at Bedazzled Cupcakes who made my wedding cake! It tasted divine and (in my opinion) looked really lovely

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk127/lyndseyDIZ/Picture080.jpg?t=1311767489

And the price was very very good, £78 for the giant cupcake and mini cupcakes :thumbsup:

http://www.bedazzledcupcakes.co.uk/

I can recommend Butterflies and Angels in Bolton-on-Dearne - their cakes look stunning and (equally importantly I think!) taste AMAZING! Each cake is individually designed for you, so they can basically create anything you want. (We get to see our cake a week today, so exciting!)

Oh my God, I just looked at their site and my resolve to do my own decorating with a cheap cake crumbled a little!

• 2 weeks later...

My sis called today with samples of the fruit cakes she's making ... gorgeous

However, what she's doing is a standard sponge topper (I prefer it to fruit) and then 50 mini fruit cakes ... as a cake tin she's used small spaghetti/beans tins and it's worked a treat.

Down side is I now have to make 50 mini cake plates lol

Angi

• 4 weeks later...

Hi I make wedding cakes as a sideline not been doing it all that long and as i am not professional i dont charge the earth as in fairness cakes dont cost that much to make i have a wide range of ideas and suggestions so please feel free to ring me anytime 07722 828047- Claire

I do wedding cakes and birthday cakes my speciality is 3d novelty cakes but I also do simple designs too, the best places to look for inspiration is wedding mags and on the internet if ya want to av a look at my work go on to facebook and av a look at customized cakes by jo most but not all of my work is on there and just to let you. Know i don't belive in charging "extra" just. because its a wedding cake if i can help let me know I always ask for the final decisions to be made no later than one week before the date of. delivery/ collection

Just had a look at FB, will be contacting you soon....

Having a traditional cake to keep everyone happy (OH doesnt like fruit cake & I hate icing) but for the main one, we have decided on this :

http://www.wilsonsbutchers.co.uk/shop/product/?product_id=330 :hihi:

• 1 month later...

I have to admit that the wedding cakes my sis did for our wedding were absolutely perfect. Not only was there the traditional top layer which she made caricatures for, but also the mini fruit cakes were absolutely fab. Worked a lot easier when it came to giving them out too .... one cake per couple/three ... no pieces in rolled up serviettes etc, easy to share etc.

th_weddingcakes1.jpg

th_weddingcakes1-1.jpg

take a look when if you're interested in how they looked :D

Angi

Archived