Construction contraction blamed for steel industry job losses at Tata

I'd suggest you take the blinkers off and look at the way construction projects are going. All steel frames are very few and far between. Look at some of the biggest projects round here, quite a few are going down the RC route, which obviously negates the need for masses of steel.

This isnt a recent thing RC frames have been coming more popular for about 10 years.

The steel industry missed the boat with housing, they could have done away with the traditional labour intensive high cost methods of construction, I've attached a shot of how some earthquake proof houses are now being built in Cyprus. You can even request room size/shape changes at early stages of construction.

307yqo7.jpg

.........................caused by the ConDems spending cuts (omitted to add)!

As you seem to be avoiding the points I put to you, I'll ask them again:

So you're OK with:

1) The government throwing money at projects which didn't necessarily need to be built?

2) That the government didn't seek value for money when choosing suppliers and contractors?

You see, that's why we have so much debt.

Perhaps you should speak with someone involved in these projects and saw the costings before making assumptions. But I guess that's pretty hard to do from the vantage point of your armchair when your only sources are newspapers.

I've seen these projects first hand and the shocking waste of money spent on them

Archived