Did you go to High Storrs School?

My great-uncle was in the first intake, I think - he started off at the Central School and then they moved up to brand new High Storrs. When he met my daughter last year, they discovered they had the school in common and immediately started talking about it. He even carries a High Storrs keyring he got at a reunion some time ago.

I have no idea what High Storrs might have been like in between, but I know from these two that it was a good school with very proud and loyal pupils in the very beginning, and that it's much the same now.

Went to Silverdale, the better school

No is the answer :D

You did ask..

This strap line in your post says it all .............."Proud owner of a BMW :)"

Words that would not be put together by anyone who attended a decent school.

Edited by scargill

I have no idea what High Storrs might have been like in between, but I know from these two that it was a good school with very proud and loyal pupils in the very beginning, and that it's much the same now.

Yes. My son was there for two years to do his A levels and he loved it, and got great results. I'm a bit baffled by all these negative comments.

My great-uncle was in the first intake, I think - he started off at the Central School and then they moved up to brand new High Storrs. When he met my daughter last year, they discovered they had the school in common and immediately started talking about it. He even carries a High Storrs keyring he got at a reunion some time ago.

Womerry2 - thanks for that. We are having a Grand Opening event on 17 September 2011 which you and your family might be interested in? There are more details on the 'Going Out in Sheffield' section of Sheffield Forum, or on the school website.

Even 30-odd years ago, Womerry, when I was there, it had a great reputation for being "academic", and getting what were pretty much the best results outside private schooling. Discipline was good back then, too, the teachers didn't stand for much nonsense from the pupils.

We also had quite a lot of pupils who went on to gain "Oxbridge" educations, at that time. That was not common for kids from a state school education.

Grand Opening sounds ... grand ;) - should I invite my Great-Uncle?

Wommery2

We're planning something for all ages at the Grand Opening it should be a good family day out. I'm sure your great uncle will enjoy it - there will be a chance to look around the classrooms he used, and some photos of former pupils and how the school looked in the past. We're also planning stalls, activities for children and so on (and it will be a free event!)