A nordic alcoholic holiday

In an earlier thread I mentioned my practice of booking last minute holidays,one I remember in the 70s I booked Friday we went Saturday,it was for nothing 2 weeks in Gran Canaria,hotel allocated on arrival.We ended up in a Scandinavian set up in Playa Del Ingles.We soon settled in,there was Norwegians,Finns and Danish and a few English.They all spoke good English and were very friendly and as we soon found out p--- artistes one and all,happy hour was an experiance to behold ive never seen so much lager consumed in so short a time!.One of my new pals explained that back home beer cost an arm and a leg so it was party time!.One night agroup of 10 of us was hammering the lager from 7pm happy hour,by 8-15 I was full to my neck when one of them says[Come,we are going to visit our friends],We ended up near the enormous sand dunes at a private bungalow.We were welcomed in and a drinks trolley appeared full of spirits,all kinds of snacks,everyone tucked in.After a couple of hours we were on the move again,this time we ended up in a high class Skandinavian club,after an hour it was[Come we now go dancing!].By this time wifey and I had a problem walking,so we made our excuses and left and headed back to the hotel.On our way we passed a Chinese resturaunt so in we went,it was empty,a good job as it turned out.My wife is hot blooded and after we had ordered our meals a full blooded row started about something I know not,it ended by me telling her to so and so off.She jumped up knocked her chair over and stormed out,just then the waiter brought the meals,I scoffed them both,my stomach was on full extension,I paid and staggered out and made my way back.As I arrived at the hotel I could hear loud laughter coming from the pool bar,in the door with her back to me was my love telling everyone what a fat b-----d I was and how she,d sorted me out.I tapped her back she turned and said[Hello love Ive just been telling them about you][i know Ive been listening what are you drinking?]diplomatic to the end!:love::roll::hihi::hihi:

Archived