Silversmiths - Sheffield's No.1 Restaurant-definitely not

kipper2

I read OFM and I really do not like Silversmiths, food or service and will never go back there again. I can not believe the outcome, there are many, many, more deserving restaurants in the North of England.

I wonder if the voting was a bit like the Robby Savage tweet, to vote for him on sports broadcasting, newcomer of the year.......

It just shows, don't believe everything you read in the newspapers.

there's just never been a really top-class restaurant, with superb food and brilliant service, of the sort that high level business people wouldn't be ashamed to take their associates, anywhere in Sheffield. Such a thing has never existed in this city. There's never been one.

there's just never been a really top-class restaurant, with superb food and brilliant service, of the sort that high level business people wouldn't be ashamed to take their associates, anywhere in Sheffield. Such a thing has never existed in this city. There's never been one.

Nonnas was there ten years ago when I was in recruitment - all big business was wooed there, and noone ever complained about the food, the service or the atmosphere... Know it's no longer the same, but it had a great past... Heard that Mediterranean had been that place in the late 80's/early 90's... Probably Milestone now (though it's not for me - poor starters, disgusting desserts and weak cocktails, but great mains! Can't just get your business guest a main!!!) - Perhaps you haven't lived here too long, or have taken many clients out?

I and a friend went there a couple of weeks ago. The reviews had been praise-ful and very positive.

However- Singularly unimpressed. Won't be bothering to go back.

Snotty staff. We never even got as far as ordering food. They "didn't have a table" for us, (despite the place being empty).

We went round the corner to Piccolinos, by the peace gardens instead, where we had a delicious meal, with lovely service. Oh, and, oddly enough, they were fairly busy, but they managed to find a table for us! ;)

Archived