Silversmiths - Sheffield's No.1 Restaurant-definitely not

kipper2

Snotty staff. We never even got as far as ordering food. They "didn't have a table" for us, (despite the place being empty).

This seems to be a common misconception. Just because a restaurant appears to have tables when you arrive doesn't mean they aren't booked in the next hour by somebody that has made a reservation.

If somewhere is popular the majority of people will book. Myself for example we have about 3 weeks wait/advance notice for a table at 8.00 (The most popular time) on weekends, yet people try and just 'walk in' at 7 are then dissapointed as I can't guarantee they will finish and leave within the hour.

Snotty staff. We never even got as far as ordering food. They "didn't have a table" for us, (despite the place being empty).

Ridiculous statement.

The last time we went, we got their "last table" despite it being empty. Within the next hour, every table was taken. It's called booking a table love. Just because it was empty when you got there, doesn't mean it wasn't fully booked.

As for snotty staff, they've actually been extremely friendly every time we've been.

Not been for a couple of years but when we went food was lovley but service awful. It wasn't busy and service was slow, they appeared uninterested and was very disappointing.

Would go again though as did enjoy the food

Entirely agree. Food was good, service= massive let down

As for snotty staff, they've actually been extremely friendly every time we've been.

I'd just like to echo this. The staff are lovely.

The food is pretty good too.

I went on the Friday night that Ramsey recorded the re-opening for TV. Had a great night and was asked if I wanted to be included on their guest list. I agreed and received about 4 emails during that year and each time I rung to book a table, I got through to their answer phone. I was instruncted to leave my number and someone would get back to me to confirm table availability. On the four times I left messages, no one ever got back to me and I decided to remove myself from their mailing list. A total waste of time.

The wife and I tried Silversmiths on Thursday and had a lovely meal. The prices are very reasonable, and the owner was very friendly and welcoming.

I recommend the local wine - it was from a vinyard in Leeds and was surprisingly good.

From a vinyard in Leeds?

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Maybe you misheard them? From a "Vintner" in Leeds possibly, from a "Vinyard" in Leeds - NEVER!

Go on, tell me I'm wrong....

BTW "Vinyard" is spelt "Vineyard".

From a vinyard in Leeds?

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Maybe you misheard them? From a "Vintner" in Leeds possibly, from a "Vinyard" in Leeds - NEVER!

Go on, tell me I'm wrong....

BTW "Vinyard" is spelt "Vineyard".

You're wrong.

Leventhorpe Vineyard is in Woodlesford near Leeds -http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/2011/may/28/english-wine-week-yorkshire-vineyards

- and has been producing wine for twenty five years or more. Oz Clarke and Rick Stein said it's very good.

Archived