The Pheasant PH, Sheffield Lane Top

erino

ive also heard morrisons are buying iceland

but why would wetherspoons buy a pub in that location? its not like it would attract plenty of punters like it does on ecclesall rd,hillsborough,division st etc

the pheasant is what i would class as an estate pub and would only really get a few regulars unlike the usual places that wetherspoons have already got pubs they are areas where people tend flock to for a night out

I think its an ideal pub for them to buy,large car park prominent position large rooms that they can turn into an eating house,there drinks are generally quite cheap,I my self are quite looking forwards to it its about time we had a decent pub in our area,who ever runs it will have to be firm or the local nob heads will take over and no one will be going in at all,about Iceland the signs for Iceland went up the other day saying when it is going to open.

ive also heard morrisons are buying iceland

but why would wetherspoons buy a pub in that location? its not like it would attract plenty of punters like it does on ecclesall rd,hillsborough,division st etc

the pheasant is what i would class as an estate pub and would only really get a few regulars unlike the usual places that wetherspoons have already got pubs they are areas where people tend flock to for a night out

a wetherspoons won't open in place of the pheasant, but seeing as though the horse shoe, roman ridge, huntsman, sicey, magnet, firth park hotel have all gone/flattened there would be plenty of punters for beer at the price wetherspoons sell it, and it would save people getting the bus to town to the 'bankers'

never been to this pub any good?

err depends how you like yor clientele - if you don't mind people with teeth missing and 70 yr olds standin on tables and singin 'goin loco down in acapulco' when it comes on its fine - i absolutely love it people watchin at its finest and characters in abundance sunday afters :)

you forgot to mention the kids running around after school whilst mum sits and gets ****** not bothering to keep an eye on them and just feeding them pop and crisps for tea, oh and the sticky floor and the manky toilets ;0)

• 9 months later...

Archived