The Pheasant PH, Sheffield Lane Top

erino

• 5 weeks later...

The Pheasant Lane top is up for grabs and I am thinking of going for it what do the SFs think and how would you go about taming this once busy pub and getting it back to a nice local for the good people of S5.

The Pheasant Lane top is up for grabs and I am thinking of going for it what do the SFs think and how would you go about taming this once busy pub and getting it back to a nice local for the good people of S5.

wish someone could take over this pub and make it into a nice family one.used to be a nice place years ago,afraid that it has now got a very bad reputation and it would be difficult to shake that off.

If you are taking it on from a pub co. (eg Enterprise) I wouldn't waste your time, money or lively hood. generally what happens is:

• They'll entice you in with cheap rent etc, then hike it up constantly until you can no longer afford to stay there.

• They'll tie you in to buying beer from them, then hike up the price (which is more expensive than wholesalers to start with)

• They'll provide no support for maintainance or repairs, even though they are the landlord.

Have a read up about them.

If you do end up taking either this pub on or another then good luck! unless you get it freehold (buying it out right) or totally free of tie you're probably going to struggle.

Yes I have run quite a few pubs before in the past, I was hoping to install a experienced manager in the place, I know what hard work pubs can be I think there is some potential there I will be going to see the owners next week and if the deal is not good enough I might just walk.

keep your money in your pocket mate i have had 2 pubs in the past but to make it pay is a nightmare what with the rent, staff wages sky high prices to buy beer then you have the domestic side cleaners, cleaning product, council tak water rates and charges for bins being emptied entertainment can cost an arm and a leg if you do go ahead and you have live entertainment watch the fees only spend 10% of your takings if you do go ahead good luck .

ps some times its not worth opening lunch time cause you have to heat the place and lighting. the only way pubs make it pay is to serve meals

Archived