My nightmare of a family tree

Rivelyn 6 thats the one exactly ! My grandads there ! Iv still got a feeling Im going to open up a can of worms ! I cant find my Great Grandad.Please find this for me

Something I don't quite understand here is that John T Wragg wasn't born till after the 1901 census was taken so how could he be in that census? I didn't find him in here, so how do you know this Elizabeth was his mother?

Elizabeth Wragg

Estimated Birth Year: abt 1859

Relation: Head

Where born: Bradfield, Yorkshire, England

Civil parish: Sheffield

Ecclesiastical parish: Sheffield St Phillip

County/Island: Yorkshire

Registration district: Sheffield

Sub-registration district: North Sheffield

ED, institution, or vessel: 10

Neighbors: View others on page

Household schedule number: 15

Piece: 4364

Folio: 50

Page Number: 4

Household Members:

Name Age

Elizabeth Wragg 42

Spencer Wragg 16

Alec Wragg 15

Owen Wragg 14

Alfred Wragg 10

Charlotte Wragg 6

There is nothing stranger than family, until my father died, no one in the family knew that the aunt who lived across the road was my fathers sister. When my mother died we didn't know that there was another aunt who , during the 2nd world war ran away with a sheffield solicitor. why do we need to know all the history of the family ?, are we just nosey and trying to find rich relatives and/or how relative is it, surely the future is more important, why do we want to look back.

Unless you know your history you cannot put your family into context. I started researching my family history after my mother died fairly young. I realised the only person I had left to ask about the family was my dad as I don't have any aunts or uncles. It has helped me understand who I am and how history repeats itself within the family. It was never my intention to find anyone famous. Many people have unanswered questions about their family and are left wondering what really happened to a certain person. Genealogy can't answer everything and often brings up more questions but for many it helps them put some issues to rest.

Unless you know your history you cannot put your family into context. I started researching my family history after my mother died fairly young. I realised the only person I had left to ask about the family was my dad as I don't have any aunts or uncles. It has helped me understand who I am and how history repeats itself within the family. It was never my intention to find anyone famous. Many people have unanswered questions about their family and are left wondering what really happened to a certain person. Genealogy can't answer everything and often brings up more questions but for many it helps them put some issues to rest.

Well if does you good..............

Something I don't quite understand here is that John T Wragg wasn't born till after the 1901 census was taken so how could he be in that census? I didn't find him in here, so how do you know this Elizabeth was his mother?

Elizabeth Wragg

Estimated Birth Year: abt 1859

Relation: Head

Where born: Bradfield, Yorkshire, England

Civil parish: Sheffield

Ecclesiastical parish: Sheffield St Phillip

County/Island: Yorkshire

Registration district: Sheffield

Sub-registration district: North Sheffield

ED, institution, or vessel: 10

Neighbors: View others on page

Household schedule number: 15

Piece: 4364

Folio: 50

Page Number: 4

Household Members:

Name Age

Elizabeth Wragg 42

Spencer Wragg 16

Alec Wragg 15

Owen Wragg 14

Alfred Wragg 10

Charlotte Wragg 6

This family is also on the 1911 census, but there is no John Thomas with them.

Tuppie

Rivelyn 6 this is not the right one ! Wrong family and yes u were right about date ,it was 1911 census I saw my Grandad on ! I was just looking back for more info. Thanks for helping me !

Hi the Witch,

Can you send me a link to the right family please. When I've looked at the index for 1911 census there isn't a John T Wragg or a John born in 1901. :)

Archived