Are old people bleeding the country dry?

You've just proved her point, respect cuts both ways and whilst most old people are good people, they should realise how fortunate they're compared to most.

Young people are just that. Why should anyone give them time if they can't be arsed to go out and work. They're not old, they're not frail, they haven't paid into the system and haven't likely bred other tax payers into the system. So why should anyone sympathise with a young person who is perfectly able?

What about all the older people who have worked for 40+ years?

Many people of pensionable age cannot work, either through ill health or mandatory retirement, or being unable to find a job.

Many young people, on the other hand, are able to work, but choose not to.

You're assuming it's old people that don't respect the young scroungers. I don't think it is. I think it's every hard working person that sees a young, healthy person who thinks benefits are their income for life who looks down at them.
My benefits are not for life. I respect all old people even when they tut at me for taking my daughter out and let her walk (holding my hand).

Young people are just that. Why should anyone give them time if they can't be arsed to go out and work. They're not old, they're not frail, they haven't paid into the system and haven't likely bred other tax payers into the system. So why should anyone sympathise with a young person who is perfectly able?

Mind you it'll come a time when those that haven't paid into the system grow old and claim the same amount as a pensioner who has. Probably happens now....

No there isn't but I need to find a job, keep looking but it is so hard when you don't even get an interview :|.

I reckon the percentage of old people that haven't paid and are now receiving in is far lower than that of young people that haven't paid in and are now receiving. A large percentage of them will have paid in to the system.

I sympathise about the interview but again, you have a choice. Old people don't.

And if we're not supposed to be giving so much to the elderly how much do you think we should give to the young and healthy? Should the young get more than the old do now?

You're assuming it's old people that don't respect the young scroungers. I don't think it is. I think it's every hard working person that sees a young, healthy person who thinks benefits are their income for life who looks down at them.

I said many folk look down on all benefit claimants, which part of 'respect cuts both ways' do you not understand?

I don't expect sympathy but why is it always the young ones who get the brunt of it? The elderly never get a cross word, even the ones who have never worked in their life.

What about all the older people who have worked for 40+ years?

Many people of pensionable age cannot work, either through ill health or mandatory retirement, or being unable to find a job.

Many young people, on the other hand, are able to work, but choose not to.

Don't feed the troll.:)

My benefits are not for life. I respect all old people even when they tut at me for taking my daughter out and let her walk (holding my hand).

Imagine if when you hit 65 some young person decides that all old people who have previously claimed benefits of any kind are no longer entitled to a pension. Do you think what you said earlier would stand. Would you and Green Web just want the pension reducing for this bunch of elderly or is it for all elderly to come? What's the point in me working if when I get older I'm not going to be supported by the system I've funded. Should we all just give our jobs up now?

Archived