Are old people bleeding the country dry?

Sugest you refresh your poor memory and test your failing eyesight by attempting to read your own post #212, the quote is just a tigy wee bit above the box on the left side.

And second, yes I could, but alternatively you could try actually reading the thread for yourself. Unfortunately Ms Macbeth has already taken pity on you and given you your answer.

No she's proven you're either a liar or your memory has gone along with common sense and decorum.

I visited the post and there for all to see was the word quote.

You've even managed to mangle the quotes here!

And now you're arguing about a quote which you accept is actually a quote :loopy: Your only complaint is that you'd forgotten what point you'd supported and think that somehow you've now caught me out. :huh:

You've even managed to mangle the quotes here!

And now you're arguing about a quote which you accept is actually a quote :loopy: Your only complaint is that you'd forgotten what point you'd supported and think that somehow you've now caught me out. :huh:

He does tend to flail around rather doesn't he?

What's the point of giving someone cash and taking a part of it away as some form of taxation? It's just bureaucracy for the sake of it.

It's about time that people on benefits should earn the money they get helping the community in some way. I'm sure that they want to help other people rather than whinge about things.:roll:

Cyclone, that was a quick reply hence your name.

The problem with that is that if (for example) you get them sweeping the roads, then you put all the road sweepers out of work.

But maybe there is work that people simply don't choose to do, fruit picking for example, but that's only seasonal.

And of course, if you make them work 7.5hrs a day, it reduces the time that they can be searching for work.

The problem with that is that if (for example) you get them sweeping the roads, then you put all the road sweepers out of work.

But maybe there is work that people simply don't choose to do, fruit picking for example, but that's only seasonal.

And of course, if you make them work 7.5hrs a day, it reduces the time that they can be searching for work.

You get faster, what time do you go to work or have you just finished.:D

If we paid people to clear litter and chewing gum from the streets I would agree, but round here we don't appear to. The people that are able to work but can't find a job could do a set amount of hours community work to justify their benefits, let’s say someone gets £60 jsa, 10 hours community work wouldn't be asking too much and would leave them with a little pride and time to find work. Some benefit claimants with large families will be in receipt of well over the minimum wage if they worked 40 hours, it would also stop their ability to cheat, work and claim.

Archived