Are old people bleeding the country dry?

The only person 'mislead' was you, and that's because you couldn't remember what point you were arguing in favour of from 4 posts before.
I wasn't misled because I knew that the quote you posted wasn't mine but anyone else would be misled into thinking that you were quoting me as te only other posters name attached to your post was mine, a typical ploy used by another member who was known as the 'Closer of threads' due to the trouble he caused posting misleading replies as you did.

Of course the problem is that British people don't want to pick fruit, so why not just tell them they have to take the job anyway, instead of keeping them on JSA and letting them refuse to take work that is available!
Quite frankly I wouldn't want to pick fruit or veg especialy the ground level type for the money offered.

It is "backbreaking" work which many in the past have paid for in old age and certainly worth more than the minimum wage whereas East Europeans are prepared to do this with a high percentage of it done illegaly for cash in hand for corrupt gangmasters.

And once again the cheap labour only benefits the landowners and gangmasters the goods processed don't come down in price.

And if they did it could be in the contract that they would no longer gain from cheap labour at the tax payer’s expense, its solvable it could be in a contract that any savings they make are passed onto the consumer. Even it wasn't passed on they would make more profit so pay more tax, and the benefits claimants would still benefit from some work experience.

PS why the flying pigs again I thought we had decided they was walking into GAZA.:D

Don't you think that it would be more sensible to make prisoners really earn their keep with community service etc earning 'Brownie Points' for good conduct towards an earlier release.

But then again pigs may well walk into Gaza before sensible ideas are put into practice.

I wasn't misled because I knew that the quote you posted wasn't mine but anyone else would be misled into thinking that you were quoting me as te only other posters name attached to your post was mine, a typical ploy used by another member who was known as the 'Closer of threads' due to the trouble he caused posting misleading replies as you did.

I'm sorry if you were confused. It clearly wasn't that misleading though, as you were supporting the quote quoted, it was only a few posts previously and Medusa knew exactly where it had come from.

Angry young people shouldn't blame older folk for the position the last government has left them in. My wife and I diverted some savings into a flat, prior to prices going mad, my son lives in it. I met an old mate who had done the same and wondered just how many of us daft old buggers have helped out our kids financially.

Don't you think that it would be more sensible to make prisoners really earn their keep with community service etc earning 'Brownie Points' for good conduct towards an earlier release.

But then again pigs may well walk into Gaza before sensible ideas are put into practice.

I wouldn't say it more sensible but there is nothing wrong with making the ones that aren’t a danger to the public do some kind of community work.

It would be impossible to quantify those savings and to prove or disprove whether they were passed on or not. But that's not really the point, if they were already paying the difference between minimum wage and benefits then who cares if they make extra profit.

Of course the problem is that British people don't want to pick fruit, so why not just tell them they have to take the job anyway, instead of keeping them on JSA and letting them refuse to take work that is available!

I agree with your first point but forcing people to take the job wouldn’t work, they would probably just not work very hard and loose the job. If the farmer as an incentive to take them by only having to top their wage up using some kind of piece work system he would lose nothing if they didn’t work hard, and the benefits claimant wouldn’t gain anything unless they worked.

Angry young people shouldn't blame older folk for the position the last government has left them in. My wife and I diverted some savings into a flat, prior to prices going mad, my son lives in it. I met an old mate who had done the same and wondered just how many of us daft old buggers have helped out our kids financially.
Not only did they plunder our pension funds but they then taxed us on what was left.

I wouldn't say it more sensible but there is nothing wrong with making the ones that aren’t a danger to the public do some kind of community work.
Those that are a danger should be made to work in a secure position.

Archived