Are old people bleeding the country dry?

I think CB should stop at one. I don't have kids so why should I fund them? How should the incentive to get back to work be greater? What's wrong with just working to pay your own way? Everybody wants incentives.
Well when I go to the job centre the workers look bored there and most just want you in and out, you ask them a question about a work related issue and you can see their minds wandering away.

I am just trying to get my point across as the elderly are just as rude as the younger ones in this day and age. I know they have health problems etc but they are so rude!

So because someone's rude should they have their benefits cut? What's rude got to do with the welfare system? The people I tend to find the rudest often have a can of special brew in hand and are usually sat on the streets wasting my tax money. I have never met an old person that does that.

So because someone's rude should they have their benefits cut? What's rude got to do with the welfare system? The people I tend to find the rudest often have a can of special brew in hand and are usually sat on the streets wasting my tax money. I have never met an old person that does that.
I didn't mean that at all.

Well when I go to the job centre the workers look bored there and most just want you in and out, you ask them a question about a work related issue and you can see their minds wandering away.

At the end of the day. It's up to the job seeker to find the job.

You're assuming it's old people that don't respect the young scroungers. I don't think it is. I think it's every hard working person that sees a young, healthy person who thinks benefits are their income for life who looks down at them.

On here I don't think that's the case. On here I think it's exactly the same self righteous "low life scrounger" who looks down at them. Ironically. Unless of course you're 'manonthedole' who satirises himself.

Hard working people who get stuck in I'd guess do exactly that. Get stuck in.

I didn't mean that at all.

But you keep mentioning how rude they are. Let me give you an example. I was mugged once. The person that mugged me was a typical down and out low life who hadn't worked a day in his life and likely never would. The taxes I pay keep that man alive yet he mugged me. Now where's the respect there? Should I then go on to think that all people on benefits don't deserve them and they can starve or work. No, I'm not that petty, I know the taxes I pay fund a system that looks after all the poor and needy.

Archived