TV/Film extras work

I would willingly travel up to Leeds every day for the chance to be an extra in the Woolpack on Emmerdale, just to be in a scene starring Chas Dingle :love:

Yes, I was and extra, a soldier in the Pink Floyd film "The Wall" and was in a few different scenes, in different guises. I can be seen clearly in one bit getting off a train, picking up my supposed daughter and greeting my supposed wife.

A friend who was in touch with an acting agency in Leeds knew I was a fan and asked if I fancied doing it so I jumped at the chance. It took a week and I got paid I think about £15/£20 a day but I cant remember exactly how much. Some fun bits but mainly as boring as hell doing some scenes over and over again. Still got the printed page with my lines on, some photos and memorabilia and Roger Waters even spoke to me!

I never paid any fees but I think the agency took a cut and I've not done any extra work since although I was asked to do other stuff by the agency.

I was an extra in a film earlier this year and got invited through here on the forum. I was in a film about running and was a runner along with a few others. The film hasn`t come out yet. Should get a copy of it when it does though.

I've done it a few times. You can earn up to about £300 a day for big productions and depending what you have to do. I got £100 to sit in an audience and watch Paul Daniels for 8 hours... Not sure if that was worth it. If you sign up to a proper agency (never pay to join an extras agency. If you have to pay then it isn't a real one) then you can get quite a bit of work but there isn't really a living in it as they don't come often enough. You can earn a nice little bonus, though.

Archived