Twentywell lane

asked this question on sheffield discussions no one seems to know so thought i would try on here. sitting at traffic lights at the bottom of twentywell lane[road works] noticed a large building with tall chimneys and what looks like a monument in the grounds what was its original use and what is it now

asked this question on sheffield discussions no one seems to know so thought i would try on here. sitting at traffic lights at the bottom of twentywell lane[road works] noticed a large building with tall chimneys and what looks like a monument in the grounds what was its original use and what is it now

Could it be the Licensed Victualler's Association Almshouses?

Have you looked on here: http://www.picturesheffield.com.

A crematorium.....Is it still working....Used to be a few heated arguments there in the old days

What are you talking about?

this is a dead end conversation..PERHAPS THE EXTRA CHIMNEYS WERE BECAUSE BUSINESS PICKED UP.... i REMEMBER MY GREAT UNCLE BEING INCINERATED THERE....BUT WE WERE ALL WELL DRUNK,,, HOPE THE LIGHTS HAVE CHANGED...IS THAT NASTY LITTLE BRIDGE STILL ON TWENTYWELL LANE?????

Archived