Equal Rights For White.

For some reason I've recently developed an addiction to white chocolate after formaly being in love with Lindt 70%... (wait a minute, you thought I meant what?)

How come white chocolate is thought of as lesser, is it because it's not been around as long?

Anybody else love it better than milky or dark?

Btw, got a white an a milk chocolate fountain for my wedding in 3 weeks... It is likely I may drown.

It is seen as a lesser as it is not actually chocolate. Chocolate is made from cocoa and sugar mollasses which gives it its dark colour. White chocolate is called "chocolate" because of its texture.

I hear that most of what we call chocolate, the Germans and French would turn their nose up at.

Even though Dairy Milks are lovely, they barely follow the chocolate formula; I feel that white chocolate is the lowest, the chav of chocolates.

I hear that most of what we call chocolate, the Germans and French would turn their nose up at.

This is largely true, particularly so of milk chocolate which has very little actual cocoa in it compared to the continental norm.

White chocolate, I think, has no cocoa in it at all and so strictly speaking should not be called chocolate.

Even though Dairy Milks are lovely, they barely follow the chocolate formula; I feel that white chocolate is the lowest, the chav of chocolates.

Quite right Fatdave. With a name like that i presume you aare a bit of a connoisseur. The swiss claim to be the best but African chocolate is by far the best i have tasted although a little unethical with the vast use of palm oil. But if the monkeys dont like chocolate thats their problem and should move to a new forest.

For some reason I've recently developed an addiction to white chocolate after formaly being in love with Lindt 70%... (wait a minute, you thought I meant what?)

How come white chocolate is thought of as lesser, is it because it's not been around as long?

Anybody else love it better than milky or dark?

Btw, got a white an a milk chocolate fountain for my wedding in 3 weeks... It is likely I may drown.

White chocolate is a misnoma - It's not actually chocolate, as there isn't any cocoa in it, but there is cocoa butter... I think it's quite alright really, as a sweet treat, but it's not actually chocolate and I think it's the use of the word that offends...

Dark wins though - Cocoa doesn't need milk, powered or otherwise...

Archived