How much is a wedding meant to cost?

A mate of mine had a very posh wedding ...Church Service..Chauffer Driven Limo ...Expensive Honeymoon etc , but was Divorced within a couple o' years .

When i married Mrs GUZZI , we didn't have much cash , so it was The Register Office and an all day BBQ at ours :hihi: ( we could've got a loan quite easily to have a Big Wedding but decided against it...Seemed a bit silly starting Married life in debt )...It'll be our Silver Wedding Anniversary in June and we're gonna have ...an all day BBQ to celebrate .. :hihi:

We were just going to have the wedding at the registry office, then off to the pub...

However, then my OH's parents got involved.....as of yesterday, its £9000 and counting :wow:

May be another £500 to add to that, as I know my favourite band are available on the day we get married :D

my struggle is the hotel.... we wana stay somewhere nice on our weddingnight . our venue isnt a hotel. but every hotel seems to have check in time is from 2pm...

we get married at 2pm. anyone of you ladies had this problems...

no wedding experience(first marriage :) or anyone that had a recent wedding to ask...

my struggle is the hotel.... we wana stay somewhere nice on our weddingnight . our venue isnt a hotel. but every hotel seems to have check in time is from 2pm...

we get married at 2pm. anyone of you ladies had this problems...

no wedding experience(first marriage :) or anyone that had a recent wedding to ask...

We wanted to stay somewhere nice on our wedding night, and were looking at Mercure and Novotel

http://www.accorhotels.com

BUT for what I'm trying to save on the wedding, the prices are just too much, so I'm packing OH and his Dad (whos up from London) off to the Ibis on the Friday night, and I'm staying at home, and then we're going on the Saturday night, and Sunday night too. Its not a great hotel, but gets us out and away from the kids for a couple of nights, its £100 for all 3 nights, which isn't bad. We're going to do a weekend away somewhere nice a couple of weeks after, when hopefully the weather warms up a bit (wedding in early March) xx

Well, our wedding is currently standing at 15k + £3k for the honeymoon....here's how it got that bad:

Ceremony on site 375.00

Registar (Derbyshire Council) 278.50

Room Hire (Maynard surcharge < 90 guests) 1240.00

Surcharge 1360.00

Rings 500.00

Dress / Tiara / Veil /Jewelery (approx total) 1460.00

Suit (Groom / Best Man) 250.00

Bridesmaid Dresses 120.00

Flowers 442.80

Photographer 1250.00

Cake 160.00

Hair / Make-up 200.00

DJ / Disco 350.00

String Quartet 450.00

Invitations 220.00 (designed by me and printed at pinders)

Honeymoon 3067.40

Per person (60 full day guests + 30 extra evening guests)

Drinks 19.00

Canapes 7.50

Meal 49.50

Table Dressing 5.50

Buffet 100% eve / 85% full day 17.00

Full cost of daytime 4808.50

Full cost of evening 1396.55

Ouch :hihi:

I've managed

Church all inclusive - £450

Reception - £999

Dress - £50 - Bargain wedding shop clearance!

Bridesmaid dresses £30

Flowers - £50 (ebay)

All accessories for room decoration currently standing me at around £150 (including table runners, centrepieces etc)

I designed, made, and printed all the invites myself at a cost of no more than £10, and have also made thank you cards

I'm doing pretty well so far

Edit: also got Grooms and best mans suit from Top man in the sale, they didn't want the whole properly formal, tailed jackets etc so got them for £55 each. I found a lot of brand new waistcoats in baby pink, 5 of, for £2.20 on ebay.

I've also managed to find a load of buttonhole flowers on ebay, some red roses, I paid £1.20 for 8, white roses, 99p for 6, and some pink ones with a cluster of various flowers for £2 for 20 of them, I've put the pink ones and a red rose together to make the bigger buttonholes for groom and best man, and they look fab, beats paying £5 each :P I didn't want real flowers, as I get bad hayfever, and I want something to keep for afterwards.

All this bargain hunting is stressful though, would love to be able to go and buy whatever, if only I had the funds!

The average UK cost is aparantly £17k, however I have covered several beautiful weddings in sheffield which have costed a fraction of that.

Great money saving tip - Get married on a friday or even mid week and you can save hundreds or even thousands of pounds.

Archived