Motor-bikes Vs Car??

Hey Guys.. yet another knowledge delve..

Right im 22... Just looked up my new Car insurance quote (due mid july) and its come to £695.. yeah yeah i know not too bad..

However i'm a student, and don't really use my car that much (probably 2000 - 3000 miles a year if that)... doing crap commuting between sheff and grimsby... and holiday driving

Soo Bikers... im looking for other options... and guess biking is cheaper in the long run?.. plus i can see my self on a vespa .. :D

Starting from scratch.. never ridden one before... from CBT up to riding standard for a motorway worthy bike... saying i pass first time blah blah...

and i know kitting yourself out is as expensive as you want it to be...

how much is the cost of learning?.. ish

how much is insurance for a bike?... ish.. (22, no accidents, but new)

and how much more do you get for your petrol money?

and ultimately.. is it cheaper?

FORGETTING RISK... (mother will kill me but, i dont want preaching about how dangerous biking is..

Any advice welcome.. (apart from "dont do it.." )

Cheers Fletch xx

How about a 125cc scooter? They're much larger than the little 50cc things and will easily do 60mph+. There's loads of luggage space under the seat, too. The OH pays about £140 a year insurance.

This might be a bit out of your price range but is a brilliant bike and the kind of thing I'm talking about.

Archived