A Prayer to Bin Laden in US?

Now this is something shocking to hear coming from the states..a Florida church prayed on Sunday for Osama bin Laden...:o

The mass this Sunday at Holy Name of Jesus Catholic Church in West Palm Beach will be offered on behalf of five people. Only one of them is a recently deceased head of a global terrorist network.

Parishioner Henry Borga requested the mass intention, on behalf of one Osama bin Laden, which is a long-standing tradition in the Catholic Church in which masses are offered for souls in purgatory or to remember someone who has died or in honor of someone still living. Borga told a local television channel that he placed the request for bin Laden because "he needs forgiveness and compassion from God."

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/05/20/what-would-jesus-do-florida-church-to-pray-sunday-for-osama-bin-laden/

I said a prayer for the sharks who chewed him up wishing them a long healthy life and no stomach upsets from eating his diseased and rotten kidneys.

Given the propaganda we are fed daily by the main media I understand your feelings but what did he do so bad anyway ?

At worst he called for a Holy war but there's loads of Idiots doing that in our country and they dont get shot.

Apart from that there seems little evidence he really did owt.

As he didn't get a funeral then perhaps it's only fair to pray for him.Good on them.

Whatever the truth is about Bin' at least some folk can stick to there principals.

Haha too right

Shame I never met some one who supported him

As I whanted to ask thier take on his dyed beard !

Archived