Alternative Media Sources

Most of us now know NOT to believe everything the mainstream media says but how many of us actually use a alternative free press media source to find out the truth about the world's events and news?

If we knew the truth about something we wouldn't need a media source, if we don't know the truth then any media source could be a complete untruth, all we can do is pick a source that is more likely to be true. You’re link The Truth about Gaza, I would consider it to be biased in favour of the Palestinians, if it was Israeli press I would consider it biased in favour of Israel.:|

Tinfoilhat,

You ask why someone would want to read multiple sources for one story, erm, because they want a broad perspective on any given issue?

Yeah but why do you want to read half a dozen sources on say, gaza or afganistan ? What do you get from it ? The satisfaction of knowing the facts ?knowing more than the average Joe ? I mean reading about rwanda over several hours must be hard and distressing work. If it directly affects me or something I care about maybe but everyday hard news, no.

Tin foil,

Have you considered that there are other people in the world who have, you know, different interests from you? Take this earth shattering concept on board and you have your answer.

There are no facts to be had from most news reporting. There is no Average Joe. People are just interested in different things.

Ta tinfoil, Al Jazeera by the way is a good read if a little weighted in favour of Saudi interests. I like asian times.

Current coverage of our estimable emperor Obama visiting our lowly isles demostrates a strong bias in favour of US hero worship, little suggestion in mainstream press of Obama's blatant hypocrisy: preaching peace to ME opressors whilst bombing Libya and Afghanistan.

I think mainstream news sources are a good place to find out what's happening in the world, its what they don't tell us that concerns me most about them.

I tend to use Euronews, Al Jazeera and Russia today as well as news from the BBC and broadsheet publications for my news.

Archived