Bright young minds comment on Obama's state visit

Watching BBC News at the best of times is like giving yourself an intellectual lobotomy. Today, viewers were offered valuable insight on Obama's state visit by two American students on a European trip.

Reporter: So why have you come to see Obama today?

Student #1: Well I just like his policies and... yeh.

Reporter: Do you there will be an interest in this from people back home?

Student #2: I think Americans will like it because the Queen is just adorable and Obama and the Queen make a cute pair.

So here we have one glassy eyed yank who thinks yet another Wall Street whore president escalating blowback-inducing bombing campaigns in the Middle East, killing thousands of civilians, is likeable policy, and another who would probably go "awww" if she saw Mr President take Lizzy right there on the palace balcony.

I can't help but feel sorry for those Americans who watched, head in hands, feeling this was yet another lost opportunity to prove that Americans aren't really that ignorant.

Watching BBC News at the best of times is like giving yourself an intellectual lobotomy. Today, viewers were offered valuable insight on Obama's state visit by two American students on a European trip.

Reporter: So why have you come to see Obama today?

Student #1: Well I just like his policies and... yeh.

Reporter: Do you there will be an interest in this from people back home?

Student #2: I think Americans will like it because the Queen is just adorable and Obama and the Queen make a cute pair.

S

:confused:Are you serious!?!?!?!

You do a nice line in ranting, epiphany, but it's not just Americans. The average person on the street here is just as inarticulate.

True. Who was it that said the best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average person on the street? I assume that's a global problem.

Archived