Bright young minds comment on Obama's state visit

Watching BBC News at the best of times is like giving yourself an intellectual lobotomy. Today, viewers were offered valuable insight on Obama's state visit by two American students on a European trip.

Reporter: So why have you come to see Obama today?

Student #1: Well I just like his policies and... yeh.

Reporter: Do you there will be an interest in this from people back home?

Student #2: I think Americans will like it because the Queen is just adorable and Obama and the Queen make a cute pair.

So here we have one glassy eyed yank who thinks yet another Wall Street whore president escalating blowback-inducing bombing campaigns in the Middle East, killing thousands of civilians, is likeable policy, and another who would probably go "awww" if she saw Mr President take Lizzy right there on the palace balcony.

I can't help but feel sorry for those Americans who watched, head in hands, feeling this was yet another lost opportunity to prove that Americans aren't really that ignorant.[/quote]

You have a long record of anti-American posts so I'm not surprised at your latest rendering.

And do you really believe that the comments of two American youths are the sum total intellect of 300 million others? The real ignorance here lies with you.

Finally it's time you and others get a reality check and stop parroting the same old tired out rant about Americans killing thousands in the middle east when anyone with a grain of intelligence knows the real facts..... er... er truthlogic..... er ... er.... ccux.... er.. er.....epiphany

I can't help but feel sorry for those Americans who watched, head in hands, feeling this was yet another lost opportunity to prove that Americans aren't really that ignorant.

If you feel the need for Americans to prove they're not ignorant, then you're already prejudiced against them, to the extent that you think two students on TV is enough to confirm it :roll:

Had you got two intelligent students giving better answers, would you have really thought, "gosh, these Americans aren't ignorant after all". Doubt it.

--

Finally it's time you and others get a reality check and stop parroting the same old tired out rant about Americans killing thousands in the middle east when anyone with a grain of intelligence knows the real facts..... er... er truthlogic..... er ... er.... ccux.... er.. er.....epiphany

So are you denying the fact that the US has killed thousands of civilians in the current administration alone?

True. Who was it that said the best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average person on the street? I assume that's a global problem.

Let's all vote for epiphany, a shining beacon of intelligence in a wasteland of ignorance.

God it must be frustrating for a person like you to have be muted to the level of posting on something as humble as a discussion forum

If you feel the need for Americans to prove they're not ignorant, then you're already prejudiced against them, to the extent that you think two students on TV is enough to confirm it :roll:

Had you got two intelligent students giving better answers, would you have really thought, "gosh, these Americans aren't ignorant after all". Doubt it.

--

I actually thought the final sentence showed I had empathy for those who suffer because of the stereotype of the ignorant American. :huh:

Let's all vote for epiphany, a shining beacon of intelligence in a wasteland of ignorance.

God it must be frustrating for a person like you to have be muted to the level of posting on something as humble as a discussion forum

So are you denying the fact that the US has killed thousands of civilians in the current administration alone?

I'm not getting into yet another pointless discussion on this. It's already been debated endless times by an endless number of posters and if you bother to go back and read my past posts on the middleast you'll see my views.

Anyway to put it simply to you in case you cant be bothered 80 percent of middle east deaths have been caused by inter-tribal Arab friction

I actually thought the final sentence showed I had empathy for those who suffer because of the stereotype of the ignorant American. :huh:

You have already stereotyped yourself as just another yank phobe, probably of middle eastern extraction with a chip on your shoulder and a blinkered mind to go with it.

Lots of countries have killed thousands of civillians, but you chose to single out America, why is that?

Archived