Bright young minds comment on Obama's state visit

Obama? can you provide evidence that the Obama administration is responsible for "killing thousands of civilians" please

Which source do you trust?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2010/aug/10/afghanistan-civilian-casualties-statistics

http://www.conflictmonitors.org/countries/afghanistan/facts-and-figures/casualties/civilians

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civilian_casualties_of_the_War_in_Afghanistan_(2001%E2%80%93present)

Edit: sorry, this is only Afghanistan.

Is it just me or is there quite a bit of "The Emperor's New Clothes" about Obama. It seems he is given a lot more leaway than some of his predecessors...

Absolutely. But when your campaign buzz word is "change", and it's repeated over and over again, with the talismanic new dawn sunrise as the campaign symbol, you actually begin to believe it.

Absolutely. But when your campaign buzz word is "change", and it's repeated over and over again, with the talismanic new dawn sunrise as the campaign symbol, you actually begin to believe it.

I have to say, put me against a wall and shoot me, but its because he's the first black President. The left are desperate for him to succeed.

Is it just me or is there quite a bit of "The Emperor's New Clothes" about Obama. It seems he is given a lot more leaway than some of his predecessors...

Not exactly the same thing but watching Obama in London put me in mind of Bush's visit to Bliar in 2003.

Central London was like a ghost town as they created a sterile zone. Outside that sterile zone there were literally tens of thousands of people who would have torn him limb from limb if they'd got anywhere near him. I know that he had just dragged us into an illegal war to avenge his daddy but Obama is still the figurehead of the evil empire but everyone is smiling and laughing and waving flags.

John X

Sorry for asking but I can’t find the part that says Obama is responsible for the civilian deaths. I was under the impression that most of the civilian deaths were caused by other Afghans.

none of which point to the USA being the cause of thousands of civilian deaths. in fact each source you provide comments on how the vast majority of civilian deaths is caused by anti-government forces i.e. taliban etc.

Watching BBC News at the best of times is like giving yourself an intellectual lobotomy. Today, viewers were offered valuable insight on Obama's state visit by two American students on a European trip.

Reporter: So why have you come to see Obama today?

Student #1: Well I just like his policies and... yeh.

Reporter: Do you there will be an interest in this from people back home?

Student #2: I think Americans will like it because the Queen is just adorable and Obama and the Queen make a cute pair.

So here we have one glassy eyed yank who thinks yet another Wall Street whore president escalating blowback-inducing bombing campaigns in the Middle East, killing thousands of civilians, is likeable policy, and another who would probably go "awww" if she saw Mr President take Lizzy right there on the palace balcony.

I can't help but feel sorry for those Americans who watched, head in hands, feeling this was yet another lost opportunity to prove that Americans aren't really that ignorant.

Terrible answers coming students, you'd never hear anything like that from Sheffield students, especially the ones walking up West St on a Saturday night :hihi:

Archived